Sign in to follow this  
HiFly

Fluid level refills?

I know we were all having this problem with the first versions of NGX but not a big issue anymore. It seems that one of the earlier updates provided a way to refill fuel levels but I can't remember what it was. My oil levels in a model I have only about 15 hours on have now dropped to 18 quarts and I want to top them off. I have looked in the CDU and can find no specific procedure to accomplish this short of a full maintenance and I still have 235 hours left. I hate to start the clock all over again at 250 if I don't have to.Is it in one of the maintenance procedures and I am just overlooking it? Need some help from someone who has done a refill or knows how to do it. Thanks.

Only way i know to refill is by loading a default panel state, like Cold&dark. Your maintenance times will stay unchanged.regards,

There's no need to refill until there is an "RF" next to the quantity.And then, you can probably edit the panel state manually to bring the oil level back up.

In the CDU go to the aircraft/failures option, then select the system you'd like serviced.

In the CDU go to the aircraft/failures option, then select the system you'd like serviced
Correct.
Ryan, that was not my OP question. Not realistic to have a full service (BTW, which one?) performed just to top off the oil. In RW ground maintenance would handle that without having to take the aircraft out of service!!!! In the NGX simulation, since you are simulating oil use which is RW, what procedure have you designed to simulate the adding of oil?Any servicing brings my mainenance countdown back to zero. Why would that be realistic? Long flights RW not uncommon to use a quart of oil or more and is corrected as part of ground servicing at the gate.

I am bumping this up because I still don't have a definitive answer. There is nothing in the CDU maintenance schedules that addresses oil or hydraulic fluid refills that I can find. There are FULL service options but that surely is not very realistic. There must have been a more realistic provision for this, but what is it? If a full service IS required, WHICH service and doesn't that set the mainenance failure timer back to zero?We are never going to have maintenance failures if we have to set it back to zero every couple of flights just to keep fluids filled!