Sign in to follow this  
1981mvf

Landing Lights (retractable)

Hi Bryan.First off I want to say you have done an excellent job with this version of FS2Crew !!!Getting the NGX was amazing, getting FS2Crew for it has been out of this world.I cant believe how well the voice recognition works with such little set up!Anyway moving swiftly onto my question.The first flight I made, the PNF turned off the retractable landing lights after takeoff, all by himself. Not sure if that was supposed to happen as he has not done it in the next 3/4 flights? Is he being lazy or did I imagine him turning those retractable lights off after take off.He does turn both fixed & retractable lights off at FL100.If you could clarify I would appreciate it.Many thanks,Mark :(

Hi Bryan.First off I want to say you have done an excellent job with this version of FS2Crew !!!Getting the NGX was amazing, getting FS2Crew for it has been out of this world.I cant believe how well the voice recognition works with such little set up!Anyway moving swiftly onto my question.The first flight I made, the PNF turned off the retractable landing lights after takeoff, all by himself. Not sure if that was supposed to happen as he has not done it in the next 3/4 flights? Is he being lazy or did I imagine him turning those retractable lights off after take off.He does turn both fixed & retractable lights off at FL100.If you could clarify I would appreciate it.Many thanks,Mark :(
I think you imagined that, he doesn't touch them after takeoff until 10,000ft when he switches them off.

I have noticed that F/O never turns the retractable landing lights on in first place. That's why you thought he turned them off after take-off; they were never on in first place By the way, why he doesn't turn the retractable ones on, I don't have a clue ;)

I have noticed that F/O never turns the retractable landing lights on in first place. That's why you thought he turned them off after take-off; they were never on in first place By the way, why he doesn't turn the retractable ones on, I don't have a clue ;)
This is incorrect,The F/O turns on the retractable landing lights when you announce "takeoff" after the runway entry procedure as we do in the real world.

This is incorrect,The F/O turns on the retractable landing lights when you announce "takeoff" after the runway entry procedure as we do in the real world.
First of all, I didn't know that this is the case. Second of all, I have a few problems with the software, so I wouldn't be surprised if he actually didn't turn them on in my NGX. Fantastic software, but I am very unlucky to have problems (I am not blaming you at all or anything like that!), but I suppose it is my system ;) Hoepfully I'll get them sorted ;)

First of all, I didn't know that this is the case. Second of all, I have a few problems with the software, so I wouldn't be surprised if he actually didn't turn them on in my NGX. Fantastic software, but I am very unlucky to have problems (I am not blaming you at all or anything like that!), but I suppose it is my system ;) Hoepfully I'll get them sorted ;)
Tell us what the problems are, we're here to help.

My reply is there as well.
Alright. You quoted the number 49 post, so I thought it wasn't specific to me. However, with this general answer, I will make sure that I have the 2D start set etc. Thanks

I know from previous experience that you have to announce "takeoff" but this inst mentioned in the flow for people who are unaware

Just Checked, it's there. Look :

1. Announce “RUNWAY ENTRY PROCEDURE” when cleared on to the runway.
  2. Verify that the runway and runway entry point are correct.
  3. Verify that the airplane heading and the runway heading match up.
  4. Call “TAKEOFF” when starting the takeoff roll.
  5. Advance throttles to approx 40% N1. Let the engines stabilize. Then set takeoff power (press TOGA switch).
  6. Verify that the correct takeoff thrust is set.
  7. Maintain light forward pressure on the control column.
  8. When the PNF calls 80 knots, call "CHECK".
  9. At VR, rotate toward 15 degrees pitch attitude.
  10. After liftoff, follow the Flight Director commands.

problem was solved now it works the retractable lights dont know why they didnt work before but now they do

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Just a question is the fo suppose to turn on and off the retractable landing lights at all he doesnt for me i have to do it, and i do say takeoff and its shown in the green bar etc and when he announces 80 knots i confirm everything else is fine except for the retractable landing lights
Way it works this way:When you call "Runway Entry Procedure", FO turns on the Strobes and the Fixed Landing Lights and some other stuff.When you call "Takeoff", FO turns on the Retractable Landing lights.I suspect you're not calling for the Runway Entry procedure and its flow.EDIT: I should read better.... what mode were you in when you called "Takeoff"?Did the FO say "Check"? He should if he detected the phrase.And do you have any external hardware?Those can run interference.Cheers,

Way it works this way:When you call "Runway Entry Procedure", FO turns on the Strobes and the Fixed Landing Lights and some other stuff.When you call "Takeoff", FO turns on the Retractable Landing lights.I suspect you're not calling for the Runway Entry procedure and its flow.EDIT: I should read better.... what mode were you in when you called "Takeoff"?Did the FO say "Check"? He should if he detected the phrase.And do you have any external hardware?Those can run interference.Cheers,
hi bryan guess that u didnt see my edit above got everything working now as advertised

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg