Sign in to follow this  
Habejom

I need to let this off my chest.

Hello all.I'm not looking to create a controversy or anyone in any way or to affect anyone with my words, but I feel the need to say I'm very disappointed. Fs2crew for the NGX lacks many of the features I've seen in other versions such as more complete passenger announcements where you can tell them the name of your destination (a few pre recorded cities), FA briefings where you can tell the flight attendant to expect a long or short taxi, departure briefings where you can tell your copilot to expect a specific SID or STAR and brief him on it (a few pre recorded procedures), interactions where you can choose what to say (for example, the flight engineer would ask you if you had a good flight and you had 3 different responses to choose from) and, the thing I miss the most, sometimes the FA will contact you to tell you there is a problem in the cabin, most notably a sick pax. When that happens you get to contact First Call and they tell you if a diversion is needed. That was really cool. I really feel like this is a watered-down version of what fs2crew can do in other versions, and would not have purchased it had I know before hand. :( This is just my humble opinion that no one asked me for.Best regards.

Hi,I would just like to reply to a specific point you have talked about: the (some) specific SIDs and STARs... They actually are implemented in other products (for the ones I know: PMDG 747 & MD11), but I don't feel them really useful as they are completely out-of-date. I have just finished a flight to Toronto with the PMDG MD11 and Fs2crew, and I selected the Star and ILS "CYYZ" in the approach briefing page to hear what would be said... the star and ILS approach briefed are from 2005 and are no longer exisitng.On another hand, I guess it would be really difficult (even impossible) for the team to keep them updated as they change often, and it would imply the new ones would have to be recorded at each new AIRAC. It would be a huge work and would impact severely on the development of other productsRomain

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Avec l'avion, nous avons inventé la ligne droite.

St Exupéry, Terre des hommes.

Hello all.I'm not looking to create a controversy or anyone in any way or to affect anyone with my words, but I feel the need to say I'm very disappointed. Fs2crew for the NGX lacks many of the features I've seen in other versions such as more complete passenger announcements where you can tell them the name of your destination (a few pre recorded cities), FA briefings where you can tell the flight attendant to expect a long or short taxi, departure briefings where you can tell your copilot to expect a specific SID or STAR and brief him on it (a few pre recorded procedures), interactions where you can choose what to say (for example, the flight engineer would ask you if you had a good flight and you had 3 different responses to choose from) and, the thing I miss the most, sometimes the FA will contact you to tell you there is a problem in the cabin, most notably a sick pax. When that happens you get to contact First Call and they tell you if a diversion is needed. That was really cool. I really feel like this is a watered-down version of what fs2crew can do in other versions, and would not have purchased it had I know before hand. :( This is just my humble opinion that no one asked me for.Best regards.
Hi.....PsyonicI am sure that Bryan is working in more options to implement in Hot fix 1. In my mind this first version was to cover the big space since PMDG release!

Budbud: I get your point. Personally I would rather have outdated SID/STARS than not having them at all, as I would like to have the option of performing a copilot T/O knowing fully that he *might* crash the plane; but the features are not there. In other words, I'd rather have the options of using a feature or not, than not having the feature present at all. I'm not blaming anyone but myself: I should have done more research before purchasing, but I really never though it would have LESS features than its predecessor. SSSILVABR: There is no indication that the hotfix will add more features; only that it will fix some bugs. If more features and options are indeed planned for the near future, I will insert my foot in my mouth. Regards.

Larger aircraft serve fewer cities. Not too many places a 737 cant go. That would be a LOT of cities for that person to record

Chris Hicks

Hello Psyonic,I have a little bit the same feel that you, see my post about the missing take off FO in the other forum, Brian said, maybe, he would reconsider his decision about that (I hope so). Like you, if I had known about all missing features, I think I will have thought about before purchasing, it's just my fault.I respect the great work of Brian but I'm disappointed by the NGX version in regard to older versions of FS2Crew (B747, MD11, B767, JS41). Btw this is just my humble opinion too.@SSSILVABR"I am sure that Bryan is working in more options to implement in Hot fix 1. In my mind this first version was to cover the big space since PMDG release!"I thought that too. I hope you are right. Just wait and see.Best Regards,Richard Portier

Richard Portier

MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core i7-4770K Oc@4.50GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB DDR3|Windows10 Pro 64|P3Dv5|AFS2|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|

Guys,Hot fix is just a hotfix.Features can be added in new updates.However, compared to the MD-11 version, I can say that FS2Crew for the NGX 11 is a 100 times more nuanced and advanced. The SDK allows me to do a million things that I couldn't do the MD-11, not to mention voice control).FO Takeoffs: Already discussed. Maybe I'll bring them back in the future.Brief for every airport: This is very tough to do because:i) Charts always change.ii) The 737 flies to smaller airports, and there are a million of them. With the MD-11 and 747, it was easier because those planes generally only fly to the major int'l airports.iii) We can't record a every brief for every airport... you would need a new hard rive to hold all the recordings. There are zillions of charts.Hope that helps,Cheers,

I understang and appreciate what you're saying: no one expect to have every available procedure for every airport, not even close. But I'd rather have the ones you already recorded for previous versions than none at all. The same goes for FO T/O: I'd rather have the option, knowing full well that a crash might happen, than not having the option at all.And as I said above the feature I miss the most is having the FA contact me once in a while to let me know about the PAX's status. That, I think, is very cool and can give a bit of variety to an otherwise routine cruise. I'm really very dissapointed.As a user having no idea of programing, I don't know if behind the scenes this one "...is a 100 times more nuanced and advanced...": bottom line is what I see: it has less features and options available to the user than previous versions and for that I am kind of upset.Best regards.