Sign in to follow this  
windsky

Flaps Up speed

Thank you, Bryan for your very advanced and very sofisticated product.I find small fault. Im using NADP 2 for initial climb. When im command for flaps up speed, my FO dont remove speed bug to 205 kts. Speed bug only chang position from V2 (142) to V2+20 (162 kts) . There for Im command VNAV, instead flaps up speed, but this is not corect. Could you help me.Ondrej Benda (LKMT)

Hi Windsky,I too was wonder if this could be amended to a Vclean target speed.I know Brian has modelled this addon off of an actual operator however for whats its worth the company I fly for uses the Boeing SOPs which is LNAV or HDG SEL at 400ft then at 800ft climb thrust bug up 200kts/210kts/220kts depending on the takeoff wt. When flaps are up call VNAV or LVL CHG 250kts or desired speed.Be nice to get this changed if Brian see's if necessary.IM2

Hi Windsky,I too was wonder if this could be amended to a Vclean target speed.I know Brian has modelled this addon off of an actual operator however for whats its worth the company I fly for uses the Boeing SOPs which is LNAV or HDG SEL at 400ft then at 800ft climb thrust bug up 200kts/210kts/220kts depending on the takeoff wt. When flaps are up call VNAV or LVL CHG 250kts or desired speed.Be nice to get this changed if Brian see's if necessary.IM2
How is that different to what is currently modeled ?Have a look at the NADP procedures in the manual. Also, this version of fs2crew is modeled after Boeing sop,..not a specific airline

I find small fault. Im using NADP 2 for initial climb. When im command for flaps up speed, my FO dont remove speed bug to 205 kts. Speed bug only chang position from V2 (142) to V2+20 (162 kts) . There for Im command VNAV, instead flaps up speed, but this is not corect. Could you help me.
The way PMDG modelled the aircraft is the first click on the speed control on the MCP right after takeoff will move the speed to V2+20. Soon after takeoff before asking for "Flaps Up Speed" you need to click or rotate once the speed knob to go to V2+20 in the speed window. If you don't do this FS2Crew will only give you a speed of V2+20 instead of flaps up speed due to the way the autopilot is modelled like the real aircraft.Once you do that when you ask for "Flaps up Speed" it will then work correctly.Hope this makes sense and helps you.

Sean Green