Sign in to follow this  
Bobber

Thoughts...part deux

Sure came off that way ...apology accepted.

Why worry about something that doesn't exists, B. ? ( aka the future ). Enjoy what there is NOW. I'm from the Commodore64/FSII era too, bought and enjoyed every new FS iteration and i enjoy the heck out of MSFlight just as much.( being a stickler for GA/Low&Slow)

Sorry if I Pee off any of the Flight faithful, but I'm not going to buy into this until I see more.
Problem is that if you're not going to buy into this you won't see more...Only the sun comes up for free. Spend a few bucks on the dlc that is available now ( not the P-51, that's just too silly ) and fly as much Activities and Free Flight Jobs as you can. You will be nicely surprised ! ( and maybe get a good glimpse of Flight's future on the fly )

Jan

not the P-51, that's just too silly
C'mon...How many fly outside when in Orbx PNW etc...I spent over from noon till after 7pm in front of my comp (today) flying in the Orbx CRM (shout out to Bry & Harvey) and I bet 95% of my flight time was spent in an external view. Some landings made using the cockpit view... others actually using external view.Obviously, y'all can do what you want to do... but I think you are missing out on some fun gaming. Each to his / her own of course.

C'mon...
Yes, c'mon Ozzie... a sim plane without a cockpit ? In my sim book that's really something to steer away from at high speed ! Besides the external model isn't much to look at anyway... ( check out the Warbirdsim P-51 in FSX )Btw, not that it means anything but i am the designer of your "Favorite FSX Aircraft" ... Thanks much for your support, Rob ! B)cheers,jan

Jan

An F-86D landed right in front of my Culver Cadet at the Arlington EAA Flyin in 1987. I was first in line to take the runway for takeoff.

In my sim book that's really something to steer away from at high speed ! Besides the external model isn't much to look at anyway...
Well like I said... to each his or her own. I am very happy flying it. And I do like the externals for the FLIGHT P-51. For a couple bucks not bad and love the sound pkg.I like the FSX P-51 Racer... the A2A P-51D (Snooks) and A2A P-51H model for FS9 that works just peachy in FSX -- I've had since 2008.And I bought 2 Warbirdsim packages a month ago specifically for the MS-RTRW... something like £55.00 for the "B/C" pkg and a "D" pkg. Sweet aircraft also.Actually if you read a little closer, my "Favorite FSX Aircraft" is "the one I am flying at the moment"... a spin on Scott Crossfield's statement about his favorite aircraft.That could mean anything from the Icon A5 in FLIGHT to the FS Labs Concorde. Each aircraft is unique and has its own idiosyncrasies. And I find enjoyment in each one. I wouldn't have thousands of hours of time in FSX if I didn't...Yeah means something about you and the F-86. I need to PM someone about spoilers not being tied to the Speedbrakes. :Big Grin: Seriously tho... excellent piece of work on that aircraft. Hours and hours of enjoyment there. And I am glad to get the word out of what a spectacular plane it is.-Rob

Hi all,Thinking more about this, I guess it does indeed come down to personal preference. Being an avid simmer, I have indeed bought every sim which has hit the market, including some military flight sims as well. In each sim, Fly!, Pro Flight, ATP, Chuck Yeager, on and on, there has been something fun and different which kept my attention. And yeah, my $1K figure was a wee low. ; )My point, about Flight, (and my opinion) is that although a bit prettier, it didn't hold my attention for very long, even after hours and hours of giving it a chance. It reeks of console, and that is why I'd like to see a comment about what the future holds. If they move from this free product, with $ for DLC (which is fine) and offer up the world, plus FS functionality like we're used to, then I will be interested. Again, this is an opinion.After re-reading my original post, I am scratching my head to see why it was going to be locked. LOL, can anyone help me out here? Yeah, I got a bit testy after I read it was going to be locked, but my original post was harmless. Is this a growing trend? I see harmless posts voicing opinions being locked. As long as you keep it clean and mature, the folks who are unhappy with Flight should be able to voice their concerns just like the Flight supporters who give praise to the sim. Just sayin'.Again, I am really excited to hear what the future of Flight is going to be, but am going to simply be a lurker in the meantime.

- and now you´re un-locked, why keep whining about it??? :rolleyes:BTW I totally agree with you on Flight...

After re-reading my original post, I am scratching my head to see why it was going to be locked. LOL, can anyone help me out here? Yeah,
Jeez, give it a miss mate, it's done and dusted. If this line of questioning is going to continue, i'll vote for it to be re-locked.Sheesh.

LOL, can anyone help me out here?
Yeah sure... don't try to pit forum members against the moderation staff. If we don't like or understand their decision... there is always "the door".Edit: just saw your "will let it go"... best thing in my opinion... not easy sometimes when you disagree but best thing here.
This is a nice game (sim)...I will not call it a sim until it delivers full sim realism.
Just like FS9 / FSX is a nice game (sim).Want your full sim realism? Bust open your piggy bank and head to Motion Simulations. http://www.fullmotio....com/Rates.aspxOr maybe you prefer to buy one... I bet one looking seriously for "full sim realism" won't have any trouble at all ponying up $60,000 (or more) for a Redbird.As a side note: would you guys (gals) believe I just (a few days ago) priced out a new Ford F-350 (loaded) and it came to $60,000.

LOL too pricey for me.I should clarify "full sim realism" - basically the next entry into the MSFS world, what we have come to expect in a next entry i.e. full world, details airports, AI, ATC, etc etc etc. Who knows though...perhaps Flight will offer this down the road.B

Yeah sure... don't try to pit forum members against the moderation staff. If we don't like or understand their decision... there is always "the door".Edit: just saw your "will let it go"... best thing in my opinion... not easy sometimes when you disagree but best thing here.Just like FS9 / FSX is a nice game (sim).Want your full sim realism? Bust open your piggy bank and head to Motion Simulations. http://www.fullmotio....com/Rates.aspxOr maybe you prefer to buy one... I bet one looking seriously for "full sim realism" won't have any trouble at all ponying up $60,000 (or more) for a Redbird.As a side note: would you guys (gals) believe I just (a few days ago) priced out a new Ford F-350 (loaded) and it came to $60,000.
i went just over the 60k mark so im looking for a used one now . By the way when it comes to full motion setups CAE its always an option too :LMAO: ... its a piggy bank killer. :LMAO: .

Image removed as image is no longer available.

perhaps Flight will offer this down the road.
I believe that is possible... the FSX core is there...Should FLIGHT not garner the sales "Microsoft" is expecting it very well may be an alternate plan of attack.Or maybe a decision to market "FLIGHT - ADVANCED" at some point comes to fruition... advanced meaning the next gen sim (game :Tounge: ) many were hoping it to be this release.