Hello simmers,I have a question about controlling the throttle in FSX. Thank you in advance.I own a hardware throttle (The one on Saitek Cybrog X). When disconnecting the autopilot during flight, the actual throttle position in FSX is different from my hardware throttle. As a result, there'll be a sudden thrust change during approach, when I have to disengage the A/T. Making maintain a stable approach speed very difficult.Another instance is when the A/T mode changes into ARM after pressing TO/GA (Wilco 737 Evolution), the thrust reduces to that indicated by my hardware throttle as the hardware throttle doesn't actually move with that one in VC during TO/GA process.This is a bit complicated. Thank you for reading.

Zicheng Cai

You should state what A/C You are flying since it is different on different machines. I try to 'match' the levers much or less before disconnecting A/T and notice N1 speed and fine tune after disconnection. In emergencies I always pull to maximum thrust or very near of it, so it does not matter what was the setting before disengaging A/T

You should state what A/C You are flying since it is different on different machines. I try to 'match' the levers much or less before disconnecting A/T and notice N1 speed and fine tune after disconnection. In emergencies I always pull to maximum thrust or very near of it, so it does not matter what was the setting before disengaging A/T
Thank you for the reply. I think this is most obvious when flying Boeing aircrafts. For example when landing the 757, a difference in the settings between the Saitek throttle and the one in VC will cause at least a unstable final approach. So is their a better way to help "matching" the throttles?

Zicheng Cai

Thank you for the reply. I think this is most obvious when flying Boeing aircrafts. For example when landing the 757, a difference in the settings between the Saitek throttle and the one in VC will cause at least a unstable final approach. So is their a better way to help "matching" the throttles?
No, there isn't unfortunately.This is a weak point of using FSX with standard controllers.There's no way that a PC can command the position of the Throttle lever from a program like FSX, unless you have some servo-driven lever combined with a special interfaceboard/driver in your PC. I DO know someone that has such a setup in his home-built cockpit, but that's quite expensive :)So, in general: No.And this applies to all axis in FS.Meaning that if you control something with a external lever (throttle, proppitch, mixture, flaps, or whatever), and for some reason you change the value (like the A/T does, or if you give related keyboard commands), FS uses the new value so it's not in sync with your external lever/wheel anymore.In fact, FS doesn't "see" an external lever/wheel (for throttle: when A/T is Off) unless it's value changes.Like when you move it, or if the lever "jitters" a bit (constantly changes value a bit, like with old gameport controllers).Rob

Just keep an eye on it. You know it's going to happen so just be prepared for it. I also have the cyborg x with throttles and that's how I do it. It works like a charm.

That has been normal ops for FS for a long time. When I engage AT I move my throttle (Saitek X52 Pro) back to the first notch. When I disengage AT I note the engine setting since the engines will stay there until I move the throttle, then I know the lever has control.Dave

First Q, about matching throttle:Unfortunately, no real solution here, but to match the best you can visually, if the aircraft doesn't show you.Which brings me to the 2nd thing: the most sophisticated airliner out there, a PMDG 737 NGX is offering exactly that: you can set it to show, with a blue line, the physical position of the throttle, independantly from where the real throttle is, or where A/T is commanding it. That makes for a very fine adjustment when landing, especially since I have a A/T disconnect on my joystick, landing is a no-brainer.Second Q, about TOGA throttling back:The real world procedure is NOT push the throttle 100% and then press TOGA button, since the same thing would occur. Instead: push usually to 40-60% N1 (depending on aircraft), let it settle, then press TOGA button.

Second Q, about TOGA throttling back:The real world procedure is NOT push the throttle 100% and then press TOGA button, since the same thing would occur. Instead: push usually to 40-60% N1 (depending on aircraft), let it settle, then press TOGA button
Thank you.As I noticed in some addons, for example the Wilco 737 Evolution, after pressing TO/GA, the autothrust system first enters "N1" mode, and after that "ARM" mode. In real world "ARM" means the pilot can handle the throttle levers as needed. But in FSX, once in ARM mode during take off, the thrust changes to where I left the levers right before pressing TO/GA, say 40% to 60% N1. Same with approaching the airport when autothrust mode enters ARM.This seems to be sort of addon-specific problem as I have no such issue with PMDG 747X, QW757 and Captainsim products.Any idea on this issue is welcome and much appreciated.

Zicheng Cai

....Any idea on this issue is welcome and much appreciated.
Which issue ??You started with an issue in your OP, which I explained in post #4.So what more idea's do you need ??Rob

Which issue ??You started with an issue in your OP, which I explained in post #4.So what more idea's do you need ??Rob
The "ARM" mode issue, mainly during approach.

Zicheng Cai