Sign in to follow this  
BoFrost

Ground Crew contact problems

Hi,I still have problems contacting the Ground Crew. I could only get it to work once, but then never again.I am sure I have setup the communication as it should. Interphone is on and regardless if using FLT or SVC on the left Audio Panel, it will not do.The strange thing is, when I call "Ground from the Cockpit" I always get the respond "Go Ahead" neverless how the communication is set up. But they do not react on any new commands like "We are ready for Pushback"I could never get an responce to the command "Cockpit to Ground" which should do the samething as "Ground from the Cockpit" I think ?!Panel States:, as this question is asked most. I have set the PMDG "Long" Panelstate to load as default in the FMC. So every time I startup the NGX this Panel State is loaded.Livery: PMDG default house livery.FSX Startup in 2d is set.Any new ideas ??

Hi,I still have problems contacting the Ground Crew. I could only get it to work once, but then never again.I am sure I have setup the communication as it should. Interphone is on and regardless if using FLT or SVC on the left Audio Panel, it will not do.The strange thing is, when I call "Ground from the Cockpit" I always get the respond "Go Ahead" neverless how the communication is set up. But they do not react on any new commands like "We are ready for Pushback"I could never get an responce to the command "Cockpit to Ground" which should do the samething as "Ground from the Cockpit" I think ?!Panel States:, as this question is asked most. I have set the PMDG "Long" Panelstate to load as default in the FMC. So every time I startup the NGX this Panel State is loaded.Livery: PMDG default house livery.FSX Startup in 2d is set.Any new ideas ??
Are you loading directly into the 3D cockpit ?Do you have any other addons installed that modifies the panel config ?What is your default flight ? Mine is the default trike

I too have this issue. I have been successful throughout the entire flow except for two areas:1. Ground Crew.....I get a response of "Go Ahead", then when I give the command of "We are ready for pushback and engine start", or, "We are ready for pushback" nothing happens. Ive gotten the reply from ground about releasing parking brake, etc, etc, but when I comply, nothing happens after that.2. Securing the aircraft.....When I give the command "Secure the aircraft please", my F/O responds with "Standby", I then hear a few clicks and after that nothing more happens. Ive left the computer for over a half hour and nothing happens in that time so I know Im giving him adequate time. Wheel chocks are in place, all doors are closed, but nothing after the few clicks I hear.Those are the only two things I have yet to resolve. I dont have the problems anymore with him dialing altitudes or headings wrong, thats all good now. Just the two issues above remain. Ive got the default aircraft as the glider, so there is no powered aircraft loaded when I start FSX. When I load the default PMDG with winglets, it loads in 2D. So I start FSX, glider is default on tarmac. I choose PMDG 373 winglets, select airport and gate, it loads the aircraft in 2D. I switch to 3D and load PMDG cold/dark panel start. I then start FS2CREW via my hotkey with a joystick button.Do I need to have the PMDG start in 2D cold/dark from the start? Could this be an issue? And if it is, why would the rest of the workflow go without a hitch except for the two areas I mentioned? Also, no special hardware, just a Logitech Extreme 3D Pro joystick and Ezdok. Thats it.

Banner_FS2Crew_NGX_Driver.jpg

Preston Van Name

PMDG 747-400 PMDG MD-11 PMDG JS41 PMDG 737-NGX

FS2Crew Voice Edition for each, except MD-11

I too have this issue. I have been successful throughout the entire flow except for two areas:1. Ground Crew.....I get a response of "Go Ahead", then when I give the command of "We are ready for pushback and engine start", or, "We are ready for pushback" nothing happens. Ive gotten the reply from ground about releasing parking brake, etc, etc, but when I comply, nothing happens after that.2. Securing the aircraft.....When I give the command "Secure the aircraft please", my F/O responds with "Standby", I then hear a few clicks and after that nothing more happens. Ive left the computer for over a half hour and nothing happens in that time so I know Im giving him adequate time. Wheel chocks are in place, all doors are closed, but nothing after the few clicks I hear.Those are the only two things I have yet to resolve. I dont have the problems anymore with him dialing altitudes or headings wrong, thats all good now. Just the two issues above remain. Ive got the default aircraft as the glider, so there is no powered aircraft loaded when I start FSX. When I load the default PMDG with winglets, it loads in 2D. So I start FSX, glider is default on tarmac. I choose PMDG 373 winglets, select airport and gate, it loads the aircraft in 2D. I switch to 3D and load PMDG cold/dark panel start. I then start FS2CREW via my hotkey with a joystick button.Do I need to have the PMDG start in 2D cold/dark from the start? Could this be an issue? And if it is, why would the rest of the workflow go without a hitch except for the two areas I mentioned? Also, no special hardware, just a Logitech Extreme 3D Pro joystick and Ezdok. Thats it.
What was your power source at the gate ?Did you call call "securing checklist"

I called for the "Secure the aircraft please" per the manual stated flow. The manual says the FO completes the securing aircraft checklist, then HE reads it. But that never happens. Power source at the gate, you know, I dont think Ive ever thought about that. What SHOULD it be for that procedure? LOL

Preston Van Name

Hi Preston,Which exact section in the manual are you reading?... This is what I see in the Captain's (Voice) Flows (note the mode needs to display "SECURING AIRCRAFT".Secure

• Call “SECURE THE AIRCRAFT PLEASE” if you will be leaving the aircraft unattended.
  • After FO completes the Securing Aircraft procedure, call "SECURING AIRCRAFT CHECKLIST".
  • The FO will then read the Securing Aircraft checklist.
  • Turn off the APU and/or Ground Power Switch.
  • If APU was operating, wait two minutes after the APU GEN OFF BUS light extinguishes before placing the Battery Switch to Off.
  • Select APU and/or GND Power switch to off.

Yep..Thats the exact section. I did it again just now at KLAS and got it to work. This time after calling "Securing the aircraft please", I waited for the FO to click 3-4 things then I called "Securing the aircraft checklist and he did his flows per my request. When I printed this on release day from the online manual via the Config Manager, the second line under SECURE said:2.After FO completes the Securing Aircraft procedure, called "SECURING AIRCRAFT CHECKLIST". [ note "called" instead of "call" ]Did this get revised since release day? That "ed" at the end of "call" made a world of difference.Love your product btw..... I already had it for the default 737 and PMDG 747, now this is making my flying more streamlined and professional. I think I may go ahead and purchase it for the PMDG JS41 as I cant fly that thing for the life of me, its such a cool aircraft.

Preston Van Name

Did this get revised since release day? That "ed" at the end of "call" made a world of difference.
Glad you're liking it. If you like it, you'll like the Jetstream version too. Same style of product.Yes, I fixed that typo today in the manual... that's the beauty in on-line manuals.. I can fix typos on the fly!Cheers,

Are you loading directly into the 3D cockpit ?Do you have any other addons installed that modifies the panel config ?What is your default flight ? Mine is the default trike
Hi,as i wrote, I am loading into 2D.No, no other programs installed, which could modify the panel state.My default flight is the default Cessna. Then I pick the NGX and the Airport. The NGX loads per default in the "Long" State.
Weird that it worked the first time, but not again.What did you do differently? There must be something.Try re-installing SP1C and FS2Crew.
I am not sure, but maybe I started in Cold and Dark, and then switched to "long" panel state.I will try it again with this procedure. Else, I really don't know, what I made different.

Problem solved with the reinstall of the NGX with SP1c and reinstall of FS2Crew.Ground Crew now wants to talk to me :)The only thing still not working is the Video Marshaller. But I think this was already adressed to the SP.

Try this: http://forum.avsim.net/topic/366224-if-youre-having-weird-issues-try-this/