Sign in to follow this  
Naki@NZFF

NZSI & Victa Airtourer

Hi there!New here - didn't realise that Orbx had an unofficial forum until today. Don't often call into the Avsim forums although I use to frequent the unofficial Carenado forum a bit. I seem to have lost my old Avsim log in so I have had to reregister. I own a few Orbx products including PNW and few of their airports that go with it. I dont have NZSI even though I'm a Kiwi. I am thinking of getting NZSI and will be breaking my self imposed rule that I wouldn't buy another Orbx product.Just a few questions and comments (yes I could ask them under some relevant threads but they would probably get a bit lost)1. Could of asked this over at the Orbx forum but my post probably would of got deleted. From what I am reading here the FPS is better in NZSI than PNW? If I can get some decent FPS out of it I would be over the moon as I find PNW a bit frustrating at times with marginal FPS (my flightsim PC is not the best and only just handles PNW and addons).2. I notice some questions here about Godzone/RealNZ and other airports compatibility with NZSI. I'm admin at the main Kiwi flight sim forum (NZFF.org) and there are a few members there making each of them compatible so if you get stuck I suggest you head over there (where you would be welcome with open arms) for the relevant answers. There will be quite a few airports for NZSI as we get through them and new ones are been released. ...and yes I could of asked question 1 at NZFF but no-one seems to own PNW to compare.3. The Orbx Victa Airtourer....I have been following this aircraft development for 5 years ever since it was under development by an independent developer before Orbx got involved. I note some comments here that some people wouldn't but another Orbx aircraft after experiencing their Lancair (surprised me reading that - I thought it was a good aircraft after reading all the posts at Orbx about it :( ), but I wouldnt tar this aircraft with the same brush - if I have my facts right the developers are different.and from screenshots it looks very good...and yes I have had issues with Orbx and how they handle things too...I have a rather funny story too but I will leave that for another day...Cheers

Hello Naki,A warm welcome to the Unofficial ORBX forums. It is great to see you here and am thrilled that you would join us in this treehouse type of club. Now to answer your question and comment on your points as best I can from a single (my own) perspective.1. I own PNW and NXSI and NZ runs far smoother and easier. My FPS is locked at 35 FPS and seldom falls below, but when I did have it unlocked while flying in NZSI once or twice, performance was outstanding. I love the scenery.2. Expect me to stick my head in and say hello at NZFF.org to take a look-see and learn more about it. Thank you for the invitation.3. On the strength of your recommendation I will change my mind and be open minded on the ORBX Victa Airtourer. After all, a product is a reflection of the developer more than the publisher in most cases.It is really good to reacquaint with you.Kind regards,

I see no real difference in my NZ and PNW....its those frame rate killer detailed payware airports of theirs. Several of the later few have all those great features "*.flows" this and that...these are hard on fsp. So I just turn them off. I have my system limited to 30fps. If anything PNW has more and larger urban areas and these always tend to have an impact on fsp...the NZ scenery is a lot of just that landscaped scenery so obviously there would be no urban impact.I have the Lanclair...I never fly it. Don't really like how it handles. I will wait to hear the reviews on any new Orbx aircraft before thinking of buying. I have so many now and so diverse I really don't need any more aircraft anyway.

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

3. On the strength of your recommendation I will change my mind and be open minded on the ORBX Victa Airtourer. After all, a product is a reflection of the developer more than the publisher in most cases.Kind regards,
Nice try Stephen but you'll never be able to beat these two.... :(

Just a few questions and comments (yes I could ask them under some relevant threads but they would probably get a bit lost)1. Could of asked this over at the Orbx forum but my post probably would of got deleted. From what I am reading here the FPS is better in NZSI than PNW? If I can get some decent FPS out of it I would be over the moon as I find PNW a bit
Aw now cmon, they're not that strict! A question like that would've got answered not deleted. I would've left long ago if the forum wasnt open to any sorts of questions ;)

I would've left long ago if the forum wasnt open to any sorts of questions
Open! :(

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Aw now cmon, they're not that strict! A question like that would've got answered not deleted. I would've left long ago if the forum wasnt open to any sorts of questions ;)
Yeah probably not....but I did get a post deleted and all I suggested in a nice way that they may want to change some NZSI scenery before release as it wasn't accurate..apart from one recent post I haven't posted for 7 months on the Orbx forums as a result.Thanks for the answers guys...will pick up NZSI in the next big (and last!) sale.I will keeping an eye on the Airtourer as it has a special place in NZ aviation history

but I did get a post deleted and all I suggested in a nice way that they may want to change some NZSI scenery before release as it wasn't accurate.
That probably would be a Ban if posted now.Hope the Airtourer works for you, if not get the amazing RV-7, a real gem my#1 for GA.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip