Sign in to follow this  
airwolfe

Loading NGX in 2-D

A couple of questions about 2-D cockpit views:1)Is it recommended to load the NGX in 2-D cockpit ? 2) When I load in 2-D, it stays for about 5 sec (give or take 3s) ... then switches back to VC during the NGX initialization. Is NGX loading VC during initialization or is EXDOK maybe doing this ? OR do I have something screwed up somewhere ?Thanks

When I changed the default load state (2D v. 3D) in FSX, that's what changed it for me.

Kyle Rodgers

When I changed the default load state (2D v. 3D) in FSX, that's what changed it for me.
My default load state is 2D... that's why I am asking.

Try running without EZDOK to troubleshoot. Mine stays in whatever FSX state I set.

Kyle Rodgers

I have 2D and it doesn't switch to VC. I don't have EZDOK

Manfred G.

Ships are cooler that you think.

Try running without EZDOK to troubleshoot. Mine stays in whatever FSX state I set.
ok. I will try that this evening. Does PMDG recommend loading in 2D ? I am sure it is in the manual, but I am at work and do not have it in front of me.

The guys at FS2Crew are saying it's 'strongly recommended by PMDG' ... I don't remember that from my original install of the NGX, but I have been known to overlook directions like this. For some reason I would think that 'LOADING IN 2D IS STRONGLY RECOMMENDED' would stick out to me. Thanks for the input scandinavian13, much appreciated.

You're welcome. I'd check the Intro Manual before fully accepting what I say, though. I don't recall seeing it, but it doesn't mean that it wasn't said at some point.

Kyle Rodgers

I think it's the folks at FS2Crew that are recommending it, not PMDG. A couple people had issues with FS2Crew and the NGX working together, and loading the 2D seemed to solve an issue for them. I've never used the NGX 2D panel, and have had no problems with FS2Crew.

I'm willing to bet most of them loaded the panel state after starting FS2Crew. That seems to throw it off. I don't like not being able to start from a saved state other than cold & dark, but I'll get over it.

Chris Hicks

I'm willing to bet most of them loaded the panel state after starting FS2Crew. That seems to throw it off. I don't like not being able to start from a saved state other than cold & dark, but I'll get over it.
Chris, because my simming time is limited much of the time, I've saved many flights where I'm at the holding point ready for takeoff. Engines, CDU everything is saved exactly as I set it by using the FSX 'save flight' feature. I don't need to bother with the NGX save feature as it's automatically done through the FSX save feature. Everything works great, including FS2Crew.On a side note, I love your work on the NGX exteriors.Edit: I may have misunderstood your post. As an FYI, you can change the FS2Crew initial state with the arrow button. I set it to Take Off Checklist, and it performs forward from there.