Sign in to follow this  
bussgarfield

Set up advice for headphones and mic please

Hi.I am one of the newbies to FS2Crew and would like to ask some of you more experienced guys some advice.My system incoporates a Logitech 5:1 surround system plugged into the sound card. When I plug my Saitek headphones into the top of the computer (not the front in my case), the microphone is recognised (and has allowed me to do the Windows voice training) and I get the engine/cockpit noise through the headphones. When attempting to use FS2Crew (Voice Control), I can just barely hear the FO talking. The voice volume seems to be very low. When I unplug the headphones, I get the same issue through my speakers - low voice volume.Which leads me onto the other issue I have.How on earth do I get the voice only through my headphones and not the engine and general NGX noise. I have tried through the audio settings in the control panel to no avail.I am using Vista 64bit with Hi Definition on-board audio.I haven't been able to use my FO yet as I can't hear him !!Yours hopingGary

Hi.I am one of the newbies to FS2Crew and would like to ask some of you more experienced guys some advice.My system incoporates a Logitech 5:1 surround system plugged into the sound card. When I plug my Saitek headphones into the top of the computer (not the front in my case), the microphone is recognised (and has allowed me to do the Windows voice training) and I get the engine/cockpit noise through the headphones. When attempting to use FS2Crew (Voice Control), I can just barely hear the FO talking. The voice volume seems to be very low. When I unplug the headphones, I get the same issue through my speakers - low voice volume.Which leads me onto the other issue I have.How on earth do I get the voice only through my headphones and not the engine and general NGX noise. I have tried through the audio settings in the control panel to no avail.I am using Vista 64bit with Hi Definition on-board audio.I haven't been able to use my FO yet as I can't hear him !!Yours hopingGary
Use the volume knob on the FS2Crew main panel labeled VOLAlso try clicking HS on the main panel

Thanks Damien.I have already turned the VOL up to it's max with no joy but I haven't tried clicking the HS on the main panel.I will fire the sim computer up tomorrow and check.Gary

Gary, Before you fire up FS2crew, right click on the speaker icon that is in the toolbar. Click on "playback devices" in the menu.Highlight your headset, then click on the "set default" button.Click OK and you should be all set. This gives me the engine noises in my PC speakers with the ATC voice and FS2crew in the headset.

NAX669.png

also check inside fsx sound option as well

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg