I was curious if anyone uses the Saitek Pro Flight Switch Panel with MS Flight? And was wondering about compatibility. In Flight, as far as I can tell some cockpit switches cannot be mapped separated. For example, I don't think there are separate mapping options for each set of lights. But on the panel, there is a separate switch for nav lights, landing lights, etc... ('L' operates all lights) Or another example, on the Icon for landing gear up/down, currently I use the same button, and it switches position. But on the Switch Panel it has a two way switch it seems, and I wonder if that would operate correctly as intended.So basically I'm wonder if all the switches are automatically mapped to the correct function with MS Flight? Thanks.http://www.fspilotsh...nel_D_front.jpgCheersDarryl

Hi Darryl, unfortunately there are just the yoke, the throttle and half of the TPM Panel working. At the TPM Panel the buttons are not assignable, but the axes work. All the rest of my stuff isn't identified by Flight, but the Trimwheel is - unfortunately without function. :-(The Saitek rudder works as well as the yoke, but the brakes don't work without the Saitek software... Sorry for my bad english... Stephan

Cheers, Stephan

i7 4790K @4,6Ghz (102x45), ASUS Maximus VII Hero, 16GB Corsair Venegance 1866, Corsair WC H100i, Gigabyte GTX 780 OC, 3x SSD (Win7, FSX, P3D), Dell UHD 27'", Saitek Homecockpit

... don't expect all devises to work, it will take some time for the developer of H/W to get the proper drivers ...

Hi,

All the switches of the TPM can be assigned via FSUPIC. FOr example, I use one switch in the up position to turn off the Audio ident of VOR1 and the down position to turn ON the audio Ident of VOR1. Another example is that I use one switch for COM1 and COM2. COM1 when the switch is in up position and COM2 when the switch is in down position.

For the switch panel, it looks like you don't know the SPAD drivers yet!! Go here http://fstools.weebly.com/download.html and download the last version.

With SPAD, you don't need anymore the Saitek driver (it is recommand to de install the Saitek's drivers before installing SPAD). You can setup all what you want and map anything you want (key emulation, FSUIPC entries.....Etc). If you have the radio panel from Saitek, it also solves the bug of the switch button of the COM1. You can set plenty of things that improve a lot the Saitek panels.

Have fun now! :)

Stéphane

Hi,

All the switches of the TPM can be assigned via FSUPIC. [...] For the switch panel, it looks like you don't know the SPAD drivers yet!!

Stéphane

Thanks Stéphane, but I think, you didn´t read the first post.... Its the question of FLIGHT, not FSX... I do know FSUIPC as well as SPAD... Its working very good with the Saitek stuff and FSX, but here was the question, wether it works with MS FLIGHT - an there is no Chance to work with FSUIPC or SPAD...

Stephan

Cheers, Stephan

i7 4790K @4,6Ghz (102x45), ASUS Maximus VII Hero, 16GB Corsair Venegance 1866, Corsair WC H100i, Gigabyte GTX 780 OC, 3x SSD (Win7, FSX, P3D), Dell UHD 27'", Saitek Homecockpit

For FSX,

The Saitek Switch panel does not work with FSUIPC. I need to see how I can customize the switces using SPAD.

Hmmm...

any quick tutorials to assing switches to aircrafts using SPAD?

Manny

Initially I installed only the SPAD driver.. not the SAITEK driver for the switch panel. But then while boot it would not post of I have the Saitek switch panel connected. I would have to unplug the usb, boot and then insert the use of the switch panel.

After I installed the SAITEK switch panel driver, the boot POST problem went away.. but now I am without the SPAD and the panel switches are not mapped to my addon aircrafts.

When I use a switch from the Saitek throttle FSUIPC sees it, so why can't I do that with the switch panel? Even FSX does not see the Saitek Switch panel in its control setup.

why would Saitek decide to this thing with its switch panel/ its only a set of buttons for the most part? Sheesh!

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

I use FSX too, no problem with any of the Saitek module using SPAD only. The only issue I had was that the radio panel looks to turn into sleep mode after a while. I've discovered that it is needed to turn off the sleep function of the USB devices in the control panel. Maybe it is your problem....be aware that running both the SPAD drivers and Saitek drivers may cause serious instability and incompatibility!

But it should work for you as It is actually working fine for me.

Stéphane

For FSX,

any quick tutorials to assing switches to aircrafts using SPAD?

The easiest way to assign function to the switch panel is to use the keyboard emulation in SPAD. Assign the same key in FSUIPC corresponding to the function of the aircraft you want to control and this is it!

I have this on fsx and can use all lights and gear up and down, havnt tried setting up the rest yet, but I have no issues :)

I have this on fsx and can use all lights and gear up and down, havnt tried setting up the rest yet, but I have no issues :)

default aircraft it works fine..but it does not for many of the paywares without assist.

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

...be aware that running both the SPAD drivers and Saitek drivers may cause serious instability and incompatibility!

I am going to try SPAD. As I have also the Saitek flight yoke system, how do you uninstall only the drivers for the switch panel?

thanks for your help

Cool

si.php?id=1