Sign in to follow this  
Mickel

Turning off targeting user

HI AllIs there any way to turn off the targeting of a user (the blue circle with the distance info that stays on screen pointing to where they are) so that stays off? I've worked out how to turn it off when it's on, but then it seems to come back when another player joins.Mike

Unfortunately I don't think so. At least this is something I have not figured out yet either.But hitting ] or [ once to re-turn it off is not too bad.

You can turn it off or on. When you're in multiflyer, you click on the host and uncheck "target this player" and voila, he's gone. Vice-versa if you want to turn it on. You click on a player you want to target and check "target this player". If you have any more questions, you can either email Microsoft at msflight@microsoft.com or find a friend or person that was a beta tester and he can tell you.

I was told tonight that if you turn off the Point of Interest markers, player names disappear. (Note: I haven't tried this yet.)The only way to keep player names but turn off the target marker is to use the [ ] keys or Multiplayer menu to untarget the host.

I was told tonight that if you turn off the Point of Interest markers, player names disappear. (Note: I haven't tried this yet.)The only way to keep player names but turn off the target marker is to use the [ ] keys or Multiplayer menu to untarget the host.
Totally wrong about names disappearing. They do not disappear; well through my testing as a beta tester and after release. The names pop up when you're within 20 nm of other players.

They do dissappear, I'm in multiplayer right now with 14 other guys and no names or markers. ( Im less than 1 nm away from them)

Developer from Flight wrote:Actually it is Options -> Gameplay -> Display -> Points of Interest, toggling that will change between allowing you to see POI/User's gamertags and them not being displayed.
Notice: You will also lose the aerocache markers.

They do dissappear, I'm in multiplayer right now with 14 other guys and no names or markers. ( Im less than 1 nm away from them)[/b]Notice: You will also lose the aerocache markers.
I'm not talking about that point of interest. I'm talking about target players. Point of interest is totally different.Point of interest is the markers, players and stuff.When you're in multiplayer, the target player is automatically set to the host. To turn it off, you have to click on the host's aircraft and uncheck the box saying "Set this player as target player". That will leave aerocache markers and your multiplayer planes still showing.If you actually go to the OPTIONS tab and in GAMEPLAY under OPTIONS and uncheck the POINT OF INTEREST, it will turn off everything that will pop up.

If you actually go to the OPTIONS tab and in GAMEPLAY under OPTIONS and uncheck the POINT OF INTEREST, it will turn off everything that will pop up.
Which is exactly what I said in my post above that you insisted was totally wrong.

Which is exactly what I said in my post above that you insisted was totally wrong.
First of all, you have to think. I told you that you do not do anything with the options. That's not where you turn on or off the target player. You turn it on or off when you're in multiplayer and you click on an aircraft and check "Set this Player as Target Player". You DO NOT fiddle with the Gameplay Options. You only fiddle with AIRCRAFT MARKERS in MULTIPLAYER. Nothing else.

First of all, you have to think. I told you that you do not do anything with the options. That's not where you turn on or off the target player. You turn it on or off when you're in multiplayer and you click on an aircraft and check "Set this Player as Target Player". You DO NOT fiddle with the Gameplay Options. You only fiddle with AIRCRAFT MARKERS in MULTIPLAYER. Nothing else.
First of all, you have to read. I pointed out that you can go into the options and disable the Point of Interest markers or use the [ and ] keys to cycle the target to none, which accomplishes the exact same thing as bringing up the menu and unticking the "target player" box with only a keypress.

Then why are you complaining. If you know how to do it correctly but in a different way, then do it. Just don't fiddle with the gameplay options. That's all i'm saying.

Then why are you complaining. If you know how to do it correctly but in a different way, then do it. Just don't fiddle with the gameplay options. That's all i'm saying.
She isnt complaining. Why are you trying to argue with her?She gave Mickel two options to turn off player names. The first turns off names altogether, the second toggles Targeted Player, which she clearly explained.

Omg, (not to thrilled with the way people throw around the language these days, i.e. as in your name)Some advice for the future. Contribute to the discussion by answering the question and don't attack the other answers. The original poster will decide which answer helps the best.I like the enthusiasm, but keep it positive.

They do dissappear, I'm in multiplayer right now with 14 other guys and no names or markers. ( Im less than 1 nm away from them)

[/b]

Notice: You will also lose the aerocache markers.

Oh man! Thanks for that!