Sign in to follow this  
bud7h7

seasons textures (wrong forum nevermind)

Is it possible to stop textures from automatically changing seasons? Or maybe there's another way to accomplish what I want to do........I want fall textures year round except for winter. There's too much green in the spring/summer textures for me.

Sure, go into the SceneryWorldtexture folder and you'll find a few files there, like 139b2fa1.bmp, 139b2sp1.bmp, 139b2su1.bmp, etc. Make copies of the "fa" files and change the seasonal tag to "sp" or "su" and they will show instead of the originals. I'd make a complete backup before starting the task, just in case something goes wrong. And you'll find there are approx. 8,000 textures to work your way through. But you'll have Fall for all times that FSX doesn't deem it to be "wi" or winter and "hw" or hard winter.

You may also want to check Aimé Leclerq's replacement textures that are a little less saturated:http://sites.google.com/site/aimecreations/ALCreations

Thanks for the replies. I posted this in the wrong forum. Should have been FS9. FSX already looks the way I want with GEX.Joe I have been looking for a utility like that, thanks!

3 hours ago, taniyuki said:

There's too much green in the spring/summer textures for me.

You’re replying to an 11 year-old topic. A reply is unlikely.

• Like 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

4 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

You’re replying to an 11 year-old topic. A reply is unlikely.

Not to worry, Ray!  He be a dead spammer now!

• Like 2

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool: