Sign in to follow this  
trimwheel

External model anomoly...take a look

Tried several re installs with and without SP1C....cleaned out the registry ....deleting my FSX.CFG...added the HIGHMEMFIX=1 and 4096 entries.This anomoly occurs with ALL models 600-900Any ideas ?thanksGreg

Hi Greg,Are you O/C your grafx card or CPU?bestjake

JAKE EYRE
It's a small step from the sublime to the ridiculous...Napoleon Bonaparte
newSigBetaTeam.gif
lancairuk.jpg

I think the instructions come in the box, some times these Ikea things can be more bother than they're worth... :LMAO:Capt. Rónán O Cadhain.

Rónán O Cadhain.

sig_FSLBetaTester.jpg

these Ikea things
He'll need one of those funny screwdrivers they put in the box that you always lose as soon as you open itbestjake

JAKE EYRE
newSigBetaTeam.gif
lancairuk.jpg

It looks like a kit to me...ARF! :(
GTX 580Core Clock 772Shader Clock 1544Core Voltage 1000I7 2600K @ 4.0
You using shader3.0 mod?
Affirm ...ooops EDIT NO I am not using it ATM

Hey Greg,And it just appeared when you first installed NGX or after some time? EDIT: and is it only NGX?bestjake

JAKE EYRE
newSigBetaTeam.gif
lancairuk.jpg

Hey Greg,And it just appeared when you first installed NGX or after some time? EDIT: and is it only NGX?bestjake
YES, only the NGX

And when you reinstalled, as well as cleaning out the registry, did you delete all of the PMDG folders? (PMDG and simobjectsairplanesPMDG 737-xxx where is your FSX directory)EDIT: also, Greg..did you install FSX in the standard place (C:program filesetc), and did you run the NGX installers as admin? I ask about the FSX install as it's always wise not to put it there as it can cause problems with addonsbestjake

JAKE EYRE
newSigBetaTeam.gif
lancairuk.jpg

And when you reinstalled, as well as cleaning out the registry, did you delete all of the PMDG folders? (PMDG and simobjectsairplanesPMDG 737-xxx where is your FSX directory)EDIT: also, Greg..did you install FSX in the standard place (C:program filesetc), and did you run the NGX installers as admin? I ask about the FSX install as it's always wise not to put it there as it can cause problems with addonsbestjake
Yes I went on a search for ALL PMDG folders and deleted them all. Then ran reg cleaner and several reboots in between..... FSX was installed in the default directory.The only program recently installed was FS2Crew NGX edition. I hadn't flown the NGX for months before this time, so I can't recall if the prob occured earlier.

Hmm. Fs2crew does edit the panels.cfg file. Is it enabled in the fs2c configuration panel? I can't really see it doing that..it is odd though, as it's the only program I've installed recently and I thought I was having a few graphical glitches, but it turned out my CPU water-cooler fan wasn't working properly and my CPU had been running way too hot. It's why I asked about o/c'ing. The only time I see stuff like this in FSX is when I'm too hot or right after I've deleted my FSX.cfg and I haven't got shader3.0 and highmem enabled in my cfgTried different liveries? BestJake

JAKE EYRE
newSigBetaTeam.gif
lancairuk.jpg