Sign in to follow this  
rayhard

Mouse Operations Ignored (except one)

Vaughan,All of our support is now handled via the support.precisionmanuals.com website address as outlined by one of the previous users. We have had almost one hundred tickets submitted today via the portal so the system is up and fully operational. The registration for this is not tied to your purchase account at PMDG so you will need to register your email and create a password but the process should be fairly straight forward from there. Once you submit a ticket we should be able to help you troubleshoot the core of the validation issue and get things working for you.

Paul Gollnick

Manager Customer/Technical Support

Precision Manuals Development Group

www.precisionmanuals.com

PMDG_NGX_Dev_Team.jpg

Paul,I signed up "support.precisionmanuals.com website address" months ago.And I do not currently have any support questions / problems.

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

Hi Vaughan,After registering with pmdg support site and being able to log in, I am never able to get the verification process to complete. I have no idea why, I certainly get the emails and click on the field in the email. It seems to be accepted, and then I get sent to the support page,and informed that I am "not verified". What else can I do?Anyway I'm not sure who is responsible for the Activation process? Is it PMDG or is it Aerosoft? I Bought the retail packaged version from Flightstore in the UK, and it is produced by Aerosoft in Germany. They seem to have rigorous anti-piracy facility operated via something called Flexnet.I just cannot get the stage in the install sequence that requests entry of my registration key to occur. Surely there has to be a way round this?Thanks for reading. Ray Hardiman

Ray Hardiman

Ray,Are you sure that the activation window is not coming up but is behind the installation screen and therefore, hidden from your view. I have not had this with Aerosoft or PMDG products but did have it happen some years ago with some other software.Try Alt + tab or Windows + tab at various stages in the install process. Probably not the answer but, perhaps, worth a try.Iain Smith

Hi All Again,I have now solved the registration/verification problem at the PMDG support page! I used a totally different name, password, and email address, and this did go through the verification process. I presume the previous choices must have conflicted with something in the verification process, but that process was not sophisticated enough to offer me a clue as to why it was rejecting me! I now have two ids on the site one unverified and one verified. I will just have to try to remember which is which.Following up on my problem, I re-read the NGX introduction manual, and I note that at no place does it mention "Activation" and the consequences of failure to do so. It does mention some mysterious program called "Flexnet" that must be allowed to operate. I now notice via Task Manager that "FLEXnet licensing service" is permanently operational on my system, although it is of no help in solving my activation problem. I guess with 8 cores and 16gb of memory I can let that pass. I also note that the Aerosoft NGX package has no mention of Activation (or FLEXnet), it merely has a small document with one paragraph saying you mustnt be nasty to Boeing et al, and the rest is dedicated to Tutorial 1. Is it so surprising that I was somewhat baffled by my problems with mouse clicks.Thanks for reading Ray Hardiman

Ray Hardiman

Hi Ian,Thanks for the suggestion. Yes I have also fallen foul of the "hidden question" problem on other occasions, and it may well have happened on this install. But it obviously lets one proceed on blithely in ignorance to completion of the install.My problem now is that it DOESNT RE-OCCUR on the subsequent uninstall/ reinstall attempts. Obviously you only get one go at doing this right! Cheers, Ray Hardimanps I did try to do a system restore but dont have one prior to the first PMDG install - another gotcha!

Ray Hardiman

Hi, I am informed by Aerosoft support that this Activation problem belongs in the PMDG court, and I must hope for a resolution there. I now have an open support ticket for it and hopefully it will be resolved soon. I can't wait to get flyingCheers RH

Ray Hardiman

Yes I have a fully updated FSX. I am now in communication with PMDG support, and appear to have a clean sheet with regard to all the obvious windows/fsx potential issues. We will have to dig deeper, I am still hopeful of resolutionCheers RH

Ray Hardiman

HI,

I still have no resolution to this problem, and would like to bump it up the agenda in case someone out there has a real resolution idea.

Really the title is a misnomer, it should have been called "Activation Problem",but how was I to know?

Cheers RH

Ray Hardiman

HI,

I still have no resolution to this problem, and would like to bump it up the agenda in case someone out there has a real resolution idea.

Really the title is a misnomer, it should have been called "Activation Problem",but how was I to know?

Cheers RH

Are you still in contaact with "support.precisionmanuals.com website"?

Try to remember to sign each of your posts with your real name on this forum ..

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

Hi vonmar,

Yes I have still an outstanding ticket with PMDG and have responded to the emails they sent me. I am still hopeful but things have gone somewhat quiet recently.

I am somewhat confused about "signatures". Are they supposed to be in the text, or independent of the text. I don't see signatures in the vast bulk of submissions to the forums.

Ray Hardiman

Ray Hardiman

You can type it in every post or just add it to your forum signature like mine.