Sign in to follow this  
skystar

I guess: It's not a bug, it's a feature?!

Hi from Berlin/Germany.Western Australia, a cloudy morning.QFA flight 2403 from YPKG to YPPH is enroute from it's departure airport "Kalgoorlie-Boulder" and will approach the first waypoint KELLA soon.Kelly has been selected "Direct" in the FMS, as there is no SID available.While flying I noticed, that the aircraft was slightly drifting to the right, leaving the 2miles corridor of the expected and shown route.Within 20 miles of KELLA a steep left turn with a bank angle of 30° (even when 25° has been selected on the MCP) woke up the sleeping cockpit crew immediately.Then another 30° turn to the right followed immediately.From that nice event on, the aircraft followed the shown path exactly.I have attached 3 screenshots as pictures always tell more than words can.Is this a normal behaviour or did I do something wrong?ThanksRalfP.S.I'm sorry if those images are too big in size, but I haven't been able to show only small icons to click on...

left turn with a bank angle of 30° (even when 25° has been selected on the MCP) woke up the sleeping cockpit crew immediately.
That one is correct. LNAV is not governed by bank angle limiter, the computer has full control of bank angle in this mode. Other lateral modes will respond to bank limiter though.

Only productive comment I can give: the selected bank limit is only taken into account while in HDG SEL or VOR mode.Edit: didn't type fast enough. Looked up the reference though :-) FCOM Vol 2 4.10.14

I am afraid I can not help you with that...

Are you using Active Sky Evolution?DWC in ASE causes this behavior if some editing is not done on FSUIPC.Hope this helps.

Teofilo Homsany

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Yes, on this flight I was using Active Sky Evolution and yes, the Direct Weather Control option was checked. Ooops...I ran into a lot of IvAp/FSX crashes while using the IVAO internal weather the last months. Since I switched to ASE weather I haven't had an IvAp/FSX crash anymore.Thanks for your help. I'm going to figure out if ASE causes this behaviour while flying that leg again later today.RalfP.S.Does anyone know what to edit in FSUIPC.ini, as mentioned above?

Ralph,I think your problem is turbulence. Sometimes, for some reason, if there's turbulence, the aircraft may become a little uncontrollable, and then there's nothing that you or the autopilot can do about it.Make sure you do this:1. Once flying, go to the menu bar, then: Settings -> Display -> Weather, and then check: "Disable thermal and turbulence effects on aircraft:2. Go to FSUIPC, at the weather tabs, make sure you enable all weather smoothing features, like wind smoothing, tempature smoothing, and pressure smoothing.I think this will solve your problem.

I had the same thing. Just download new FSUIPC from official website. No banks after 4.8 version.In FSX.cfg:[Weather]TurbulenceScale=0.500000In Settings:19320705.pngIn Active Sky:Reduce max turbulence to ~30%P.S. Too low fuel :(