Sign in to follow this  
A Canadian Flyer

Do Precision Flight Controls yokes/etc ever go on sale?

I'm close to biting the bullet and replacing my aging Saitek yoke with a more durable yoke by Precision Flight Controls (www.flypfc.com). As has happened too often to count I've purchased an expensive add-on only to find it go on sale a few days or weeks after.Hence my question, does anyone know if Precision Flight Controls yokes/etc ever go on sale?Thanks,Andreas

ASUS P5Q Pro Turbo * E8600 3.33 o/c 4.0 ghz * EVGA GTX 275 *

OCZ Reaper DDR2 4GB * Corsair 750W ATX * Lian-LI Case

They do not, the last sale they had, was when they grouped their SAAB Jetliner Column Yoke with the Jeltiner Pedals for I think 1295 or $1495. After that there has not been a sale and this was back in 2008, I know because I took advantage of that deal.

Neither sale nor sold in Ebay (or anywhere else). It's very rare you will find anyone selling theirs (and if they do, it's mostly a serial version due to uncompatibility nowdays). The reasons are I think obvious...

I allow myself to qoute Mike from sales team of PFC:All of our products are of highest quality and the discounts are already built into the productsI asked about a discount, since I would like to replace not only the yoke, but rudder also.

Hi KostaMy 'single professional flight console' is 11 years old now, thus it is a serial connected version. It still works perfectly.The only problem with connection is that converters, in my experience, do not work. I have a serial card installed in my bespoke PC.6 years ago the internal control board failed. PFC's service was outstanding. They supplied me with a new panel, having first ascertained that I could handle a spot of soldering for 2 connections. The worst part of the job was reconnecting about 30 small wires into small grub screw connectors. Needless to say I had drawn a detailed chart for the colour coding before I dismantled the old card.

Regards

Frank Jones

Thanks for the feedback everyone. With Word Not Allowed's excellent review it confirmed my hunch that this was the company to go with for a quality yoke. I've read it before and I couldn't agree more; we can spend so much on this hobby yet the flight controls we use are often overlooked in our upgrades.Thanks again, Andreas.

ASUS P5Q Pro Turbo * E8600 3.33 o/c 4.0 ghz * EVGA GTX 275 *

OCZ Reaper DDR2 4GB * Corsair 750W ATX * Lian-LI Case

Just about to pull the trigger on an Jetliner Column Saab Yoke. Inquiring about having hall effect sensors installed on the yoke.

Andrew Dixon
"If common sense was compulsory everyone would have it but I am afraid this is not the case"

So a couple of questions...1. Why is the 737 yoke so much more expensive?2. Does anyone have any experience with the Column Yokes and a traditional desk? Obviously a Pilot's seat usually has a notch for the yoke, how would a traditional desk/chair work with a column yoke?3. is anyone familiar with these? http://www.737yoke.com/ Their 747 Column yoke is about the same price as the PFC 737 Column Yoke. But as Word Not Allowed knows I have a thing for Boeing brown ;)...Thank you in advance for any feedback!-Paul

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

1. Why is the 737 yoke so much more expensive?
Since one of the customers is supposedly Boeing, I guess because if you sell a yoke to the Boeing for their training facilities, you would want to make higher prices for the genuine one, sounds about right, no?
2. Does anyone have any experience with the Column Yokes and a traditional desk? Obviously a Pilot's seat usually has a notch for the yoke, how would a traditional desk/chair work with a column yoke?
Terrible. I PMed with one guy on this forum, who owns a column yoke, and finally came to the solution that it's really a bad idea. You can't even use really well Saitek Pedals and column yoke. You need some pedals like PFC ones. Then if you do that, you need a firm chair etc etc... mouse and keyboard are behind the yoke, hard to reach. Keep in mind, those are not made for non-cockpit situations.
But as Word Not Allowed knows I have a thing for Boeing brown ;)...
Hehehe.

Since one of the customers is supposedly Boeing, I guess because if you sell a yoke to the Boeing for their training facilities, you would want to make higher prices for the genuine one, sounds about right, no?Terrible. I PMed with one guy on this forum, who owns a column yoke, and finally came to the solution that it's really a bad idea. You can't even use really well Saitek Pedals and column yoke. You need some pedals like PFC ones. Then if you do that, you need a firm chair etc etc... mouse and keyboard are behind the yoke, hard to reach. Keep in mind, those are not made for non-cockpit situations.Hehehe.
1. Makes perfect Sense!2. That is what I thought as well, thank you for confirming! That also rules out the ACE stuff so it looks like the Saab Yoke is the way to go... I wonder if they have a replacement yoke I could have powder coated Brown as well :Thinking: :diablo:3. :LMAO:Well I just called and e-mailed PFC to see if one of two things could be done. Either I could purchase a spare yoke handle and powder coat it then install it myself or ideally, me pay them to give it to a bodyshop by them prior to assembly, have it done in Brown for the 747/57/67/77 look and THEN assembled and shipped. We will see what they say or if they just laugh at me LOL

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Don't tell me you want to spray this beautifully coated black yoke into brown?? Why on earth? Even Boeing yokes in the aircrafts are black...??

Don't tell me you want to spray this beautifully coated black yoke into brown?? Why on earth? Even Boeing yokes in the aircrafts are black...??
Not the 747/757/767/777 Yokes... The are all brown. Only the B737 and I think now the 787 are black. And no, I wouldn't spray it, I would have it professionally powdercoated at a body shop so it is a "charged application" and the Feel will be exactly the same... Eventually I hope to build a 777 cockpit setup using flightdeck Solutions so a brown yoke is a must...693-large.jpg98-large.jpg74775023_1331006631_tb.jpg75781507_1327862897_tb.jpg76775781_1318058771.jpg65646_1329210423.jpg777

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Eventually I hope to build a 777 cockpit setup using flightdeck Solutions
Dude... hate ya. :Waiting:

Dude... hate ya. :Waiting:
Come on, I will let you use it! And the key was eventually lol... I have spoken to them already and while it is VERy expensive, it is not "AS BAD" as you think... The full dual setup with integrated electronics dual cdu's, MCP, FO displays, shipping plus labor for setup and wiring is 15k in Canadian dollars. When you eliminate the redundant FO displays, cdu etc etc... it is under 10k in Canadian dollars. You don't have to do the integrated backlighting, and there are a lot of other options to bring you down to around 7k.. When you consider the PFC yoke is $1,000 USD the FDS solution is not that bad considering you are essentially building a full cockpit... Yes, it is A LOT of $$ but I think it is very good for what it is, i would have expected 30k for a setup of that quality with displays and integrated back-lighting, CDU's and MCP... That is my rationale at least. Hell, if someone would by my ex's damn diamond ring I could go full motion :LMAO: Also, consider this, my motorcycle is worth about 30k, I am looking at another worth about 20k and they can only be used 8 months of the year... This is much cheaper and can be used year round! :Party: :lol:

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Come on, I will let you use it!
You betcha!
The full dual setup with integrated electronics dual cdu's, MCP, FO displays, shipping plus labor for setup and wiring is 15k in Canadian dollars.
Even that sounds reasonable to me, for the price.
This is much cheaper and can be used year round! :Party:
:LMAO: :LMAO:Well, it's been quite a long time I've been over the Atlantic (for real!). Now how do I persuade the finance-boss into letting me go AND also her staying at home! Just%20Kidding.gif