Sign in to follow this  
DeadManDriving

No International Online Gaming?

I am German - living in Germany and I am a little surprised to have only German people flying online.Are the servers separated by countries? That would be very sad indeed, as I have guys from other games, and I'd like to do play with them.Any suggestion? Is there anything I am missing?

I am not sure if they are. Certainly I joined one game today with two people who were obviously non English speakers. They were typing back and forth quite avidly 15 minutes or so later when I finally quit.Reminded me of running with the Russians back in my Everquest days on the euro-server.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Pretty sure it's international, I've flown with Yanks and Norwegians, even Tasmanians!Might be the timezone.Plus make sure you check the gamertag thread, and befriend any of us so you can see when we are online. But I'd need to be doing an all-nighter to catch you in Germany! Invite me anyway, in case the wife leaves me...I'm SimmoW

The network is international, but it probably weighs things like language and connection speed high enough to make you more likely to meet people in your own country more often.

Pretty sure it's international, I've flown with Yanks and Norwegians, even Tasmanians!Might be the timezone.Plus make sure you check the gamertag thread, and befriend any of us so you can see when we are online. But I'd need to be doing an all-nighter to catch you in Germany! Invite me anyway, in case the wife leaves me...I'm SimmoW
SimmoW ....or I will do an all-nighter...if MY wife is not complaining - usually at 3 o´clock in the morning ;-)

DMD, it is international but as mentioned before it somehow prefers sessions in your vicinity if you click quick match. I do not use that function anymore. as simon said, go to the gamertag thread and look up some which you should possibly even add as friends. I myself add anybody as of now and will only throw people off my friends list if they start showing their kamikaze nature when I am doing a missions. enter LIVE in flight (POS1/HOME), click on people and/or friends and see who's online. click a name of your choice and then click 'join session' if available. that connects you with those people YOU want and not MS wants.

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

Thanks all! I will use LIVE as proposed.The Quick Match function does show the field-strenght of the connection (if it is reliable). But I was expecting to see more online. Other players were complaining about that too.Maybe MS needs to make Flight more popular in Germany...

Well, yesterday I was flying with Englishman and I'm from Slovenia. And few days ago with Spanish (or similar) speaking pilot.

I'm german too and i can fly only with german users. Or only which saw. Hmmmm...... :Thinking:

i can fly only with german users
then you use quick match, right? follow the steps I outlined above and you'll find quite some funny folks from all around the world

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

then you use quick match, right? follow the steps I outlined above and you'll find quite some funny folks all around the world
That is a good idea, I will do so. :Peace: