Sign in to follow this  
roarkr

New OpenCockpits IOCP Client for NGX almost ready

hiI now a good beta version of a OpenCockpits IOCP Client for NGX up and running at my computer. Some small issuses to solve, but those should be corrected later today.The IOCP Client is a "lekssecon" for NGX for those of you who knows Nico Kaan's excellent program for the LevelD 767.The IOCP Client have now only MCP functionallity, but I will integrate other modules later via special plug-in modules to the Client.My work could not have been done without Nico Kaan's good examples on his site and Johan Knol C++ code examples.The IOCP Client is fully based on the PMDG SDK.I have to make sure I handle the PMDG SDK EULA correct before provinding it to the community. I will get in contact with PMDG and if things OK I will provide the Client to OpenCockpits for verification test with their P&P modules ( As I only have my specialmade modules).More info to comergs

Roar Kristensen    www.flightsim4fun.com

P3Dv4 with Opencockpits hardware controlled by OC4BAv4 for immersive PMDG B737/777/747 flying

XPLANE 11 with Opencockpits hardware controlled by OC4BA_XP for immersive  B737 flying

rmMShli.jpg?1 WylQl0J.jpg?3

This is great news!Maybe i'll be able to build my pit around the NGX after all!Cant wait!

Great news Roar. Your knowledge and perseverence will once again assist fellow simmers.Thankyou.

Hi guys,First I wanna congratulate Roar with his new tool.

The IOCP Client is a "lekssecon" for NGX for those of you who knows Nico Kaan's excellent program for the LevelD 767.
However, just for clarification: Roar's tool makes use of the generic IOCP Client that is available at my website, which is fine. It is not my "lekseecon for NGX" but Roar's tool.I have no intentions to develop a lekseecon for NGX.Cheers,Nico Kaanwww.lekseecon.nl

Hi,

The beta of my OCP4NGX App have been sent to OpenCockpits for test and verification to be used with Plug& Play OC modules.

What is OCP4NGX:

It is a application to make OpenCockpits modules play directely with the PMDG NGX.

You don't need FSUIPC4 , only free SIOC programs and the OCP4NGX App.

This first beta has only the MCP implemented, but other panels will follow.

Hope to release ASAP.

P3Dv4 with Opencockpits hardware controlled by OC4BAv4 for immersive PMDG B737/777/747 flying

XPLANE 11 with Opencockpits hardware controlled by OC4BA_XP for immersive  B737 flying

Great news on this, and looking forward to the release, hopefully this does for the pmdg what Nicos tool did for the leveld. Being able to use proper hardware turns fsx aircraft from toys into proper simulators. It's amazed me it's took so long for PMDG to jump on the SDK bandwagon, but good to see they've seen the light and that future products will also be supplied with an SDK. I think as a result of this we wil see more hardware, and prices fall as more users move onto using additional hardware to control their sims.

hi,

don't know if OpenCockpits have had time to do the beta verification yet.

At the moment i am in dubai and away from my pc, but i have a email copy of my beta version of ocp4ngx on my ipad.

In order to speed up the beta test i have decided to send the beta out to those interesting to do some testing

But first i need someone to do the input,output and display number changes in the mcp script from my configuration to the plug & play version.

this is probabely a 30 min job for someone familiar with sioc scripts

when i have this changed script in return i can sent out the beta to those interrested.

so, who volunteer for the renumbering task?

rgs

I guess john is the better guy to do this but i would love to help if you just give me some guidance on what to change exactly and where to find the correct input,output numbers for the P&P MCP.

great opportunity to learn more about sioc (which i will require anyway i guess once i start putting switches etc in my cockpit build)

if johns managed to do the changes, im happy to test

hi,

for those interresting to help testing the ocp4ngx beta send me a PM and i will send you the beta app

there is no need for fsuipc4, you only Your pmdg software (incl. sdk) and the sioc programs

i have notime to instruct and help the installation and setup of this software, so it means that you should have some basic

knowledge of sioc and file/ folders setup in Windows.

rgs