Sign in to follow this  
Jake Bettencourt

Terrain missing after long haul flights

So I will usually do a long haul flight about once a week and every time I do when I get to my destination my terrain such as the runway marking lines, air terminals, and some other things are just gone, I have all of my settings on high and you can see my specs in my signature so could someone help me out with this? I'm thinking a setting can probably be tweaked in the cfg where I have also modified some things, help is appreciated -Thanks, JakeAlso this happens in my PMDG 747-400 but never in a five hour or so flight with the NG

Make sure HIGHMEMFIX=1 is in your fsx.cfg Graphics section and make sure that you have the replacement uiautomationcore.dll in your FSX folder.If neither of those fix it you're simply going past the address space limit in the sim over the course of the flight - there's nothing that can be done there unless you lower sliders, lower the quality of your weather/water textures etc.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

If you are showing symptopms of running out of memory, then removing the d3d9 antilag fps limiter helped me with the same symptoms. With this DLL, FSX seemed to have a memory leak, and didn't let go of my VAS, causing runway textures to begin to dissappear when I had landed at my destination, but deleting this fps limiter and using the java based one has eradicated this issue.

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpgsig_TheBusIveBeenWaitingFor.jpg

Alfredo Terrero

Make sure HIGHMEMFIX=1 is in your fsx.cfg Graphics section and make sure that you have the replacement uiautomationcore.dll in your FSX folder. If neither of those fix it you're simply going past the address space limit in the sim over the course of the flight - there's nothing that can be done there unless you lower sliders, lower the quality of your weather/water textures etc.
Thanks Ryan, I am going to set up a flight tonight and see how it works! :( Hopefully it will!