Sign in to follow this  
Eraser74

Taxi and Landing Light not illuminating ground properly after SP1c

A2A is the developer of Shockwave, so no Shockwave with REX. You have to buy it from A2A.

Absolutely nothing was changed with lighting in SP1c... There are certain situations and combinations of materials on the ground that will cause the lights to appear dim or absent. Nothing we can do about it.

Hi Ryan,

Please, would not it be possible to have the choice between the 3D volumetric lights and the standard FSX lights ?

Except the dusk and dawn problems, I have many 3rd party airports with some specifics taxis/runways textures where lights are dim or absent during the night (very frustrating after a nice flight ;-)).

BTW an other excellent addon GA airplane (Katana) have this option.

Please again if it's technically possible, can you take into consideration this request ?

Thank you in advance,

Kind Regards,

Richard Portier

Richard Portier

MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core i7-4770K Oc@4.50GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB DDR3|Windows10 Pro 64|P3Dv5|AFS2|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|

Richard, that would mean making two different external and VC models for every NGX variant (actually it's at least 4 per variant when you consider the low resolution versions too) - it'd probably double the file size of the installer and I don't think that's something we're going to do.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Ryan, forgive my ignorance but in what the landing lights are in conjunction with the VC (hight or low resolution) ?

Just to know if possible :smile:

Kind Regards,

Richard Portier

Richard Portier

MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core i7-4770K Oc@4.50GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB DDR3|Windows10 Pro 64|P3Dv5|AFS2|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|

I hate to bring up an old topic, but: I'm still having the same problem. This has nothing to do with the limitations of FSX as they worked before. There is something I/we did to make this happen, and for the life of me I can't figure out what it was. I have Active Graphics installed, tried reverting to defaults, etc. Tweaked texture mod (can't remember which one), the bjote (spelling) cfg file tweaker. All the other lights works (excpets FSDT KLAS RWY lights --super dim).

I don't know if it has to do with some VC redestibutable not working or what. I noticed that somehow one of my drives is all locked (read only) and I can't get it back. I also noticed I can't install new versions of the MS security client because of this 'network resource is unavailable -- .msi file)

I'm about ready to give up on simming altogether until a new sim comes out sometime in the next 20 years or so...LOL.

Jeff D. Nielsen (KMCI)

https://www.twitch.tv/pilotskcx

https://discord.io/MaxDutyDay

10th Gen Intel Core i9 10900KF (10-Core, 20MB Cache, 3.7GHz to 5.3GHz w/Thermal Velocity Boost) | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 24GB GDDR6X | 128GB Dual Channel DDR4 XMP at 3200MHz | 2TB M.2 PCIe SSD (Boot) + 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s (Storage) | Lunar Light chassis with High-Performance CPU/GPU Liquid Cooling and 1000W Power Supply

Hi to all. 

I have the same problem. The landing lights not illuminate properly the runway.

With Shockwave can I solve the problem from the VC? Because I think that Shockwave improves only the external effects of the lights.