Sign in to follow this  
Foreman

FLAP LOAD RELIEF LIGHT

Hi,

is it right, that there's no Flap load relief light in the PMDG's 737 NGX? I didn't find something like that in the Options menu.

Foreman

It is an option, not included in the NGX as they cannot simulate every option avaiable in the real one.

Regards

Andrea Daviero

It is an option, not included in the NGX as they cannot simulate every option avaiable in the real one.

Thx, in this case I needn't to search for it anymore :-)

Nevertherless, Autoslat and Flap Load Relief is working on the PMDG NGX very well.

Foreman

There's no such thing as a Flap Load Relief light on a real 737NG.

John Floyd

Okay, you got me! The NG's never had that light. Where did the photo come from?

well.. from one that has it, I suppose? It is a 737 in any case, at worst it is a classic. But the NG has had so many mods in its life...

Here is the link: http://www.b737.org.uk/flightcontrols.htm

I found that:

"A flap load limiter (-3/4/500) / flaps/slats electronics unit (-NG) will automatically retract the flaps from 40 to 30 (-3/4/500) / also 30 to 25 (-NG) if the limit speed is exceeded. The flaps will extend again when speed is reduced. This feature is on all aircraft even though the FLAP LOAD RELIEF light is only fitted to a few."

Foreman

No, it's an option, companies who like it can choose it as an option also on the NGs.

As it is mostly an useless light (as you can see the difference between flaps and flap lever, and the red band on the speed tape, the light is not too much required.

Regards

Andrea Daviero

No, it's an option, companies who like it can choose it as an option also on the NGs.

As it is mostly an useless light (as you can see the difference between flaps and flap lever, and the red band on the speed tape, the light is not too much required.

After looking at photo's of NG's from numerous airlines from all over the world, none of them have this so called "option" installed. Would you mind producing a picture of a NG with this option installed? :Thinking:

FCOM vol 2 page 412 (413)

If no pictures of that can be seen on the net, it is probably because it is a not common used option, but FCOM includes it in the manual, so it is an option at all.

Regards

Andrea Daviero

A lot of airlines opt out of it because let's face it, if it comes on, the flight crew are being very very naughty!

The system is there, but the light is not. The flight crew should not need an amber light to ascertain that they are exceeding their flap speed now should they? Plenty of info on the speed tape of the PFD for that.

A lot of airlines opt out of it because let's face it, if it comes on, the flight crew are being very very naughty!

How about flying a heavy jet in gusty winds? I had a 170 Vapp into Niigata one night. We weren't being naughty. Luckily, we didn't get a flap blow up.

Matt Cee