Sign in to follow this  
031195ds

No matter what I do the frame rates are so bad on the ground on FS2004?

Hi,

I've had this problem for quite a few months that everytime I'm on the ground, I have very bad frame rates which makes my computer lag so much. No matter what view it is for example like tower,spot and even cockpit views it lags. I tried uninstalling FS9 couple of times and even lowering the settings but no difference. My computer isn't very old either as I only brought it last year.

My computer is a

HP Pavilion

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

AMD Athlon II 215 Processor

3.0GB RAM

NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE nForce 430

I even tried softwares like GameBooster and cleaned my registry, defragged and done every other clean up sefferal times but no good.

Anyone experienced this problem or have any alternate or best solutions for this?

Thank you

What's "bad"? 20 FPS? 30 FPS? Are you using any addon aircraft or scenery? Which one(s)?

Hello

I am no tech expert, but your graphics card (I might be wrong here) I think that is quite an old card and is it AGP ? if it is I thought all newer PCs came with PCI (i think its PCI )cards these days .

I only point this out because my own GCard is also an AGP Gforce 6600 GT ,but then my PC is over six years old.

I have no real complaints with my setup and FS9 performance ,it aint perfect ,but I have learnt to live with its limitations and generally get an excellent FS experience most of the time.

You have plenty of Ram 3gb I have only 2 .

Anyways others may chip in here.

Is your PC new (your words) or new second hand.?

cheers Andrew

PS dont be tempted to over egg your PCs power ,keep your settings in FS9 at reasonable realistic settings ,also AI amounts as well.

photo-141290.gif?_r=1341161573?t=54318216?t=43542077

Chuck_B - It varies but it is quite alot and I do use addon aircraft and scenery and AI traffic but even if I don't it is the same

and

HoratioWondersocks - Um thanks but my computer isn't second hand it was brought brand new from Comet and so is there any other solutions except from bad graphics card?

I believe that you have onboard graphics and not a dedicated graphics card.

That may be part of the problem.

I am not an AMD expert, is an AMD Athlon II 215 the same as a AMD Athlon II X2 215?

A brief Internet search says your chip uses an AM3 socket, yet your motherboard is an AM2 socket.

Again I don't know if this makes a difference, but it might be a hardware incompatibility issue.

regards,

Joe

The best gift you can give your children is your time.

sigbar.gif

So are you saying no matter how I try to improve my frame rate it won't work because of my graphic card? Is there any simple solution for this because I don't really have money for changing graphic cards or computer. -_-

Thanks for your imput anyways

If you're going to have bad frame rates, it's definitely going to be while you're on the ground. Here's a thread I found that talks about just how bad that video card is...

<< http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=217173 >>

you may want to ask this question in Hardware, Motherboard, whatever it's called" Forum here.

But the fact is that I don't have that much money to spend on a graphic card is there any other way to fix this? thanks Chuck_B

turn down settings, reduce Ai, use clear weather, less complex aircraft, all will increase FPS with a weaker GPU

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Regardless, I wanted you to know that the GPU wasn't as strong as you thought it was. psolk is dead on with his guidance.

Thanks, p...!! :Big Grin:

I've tried lowering the display and other settings but still it is lagging quite a bit, I wondered could it be my FS9.cfg or anything else?

I've tried lowering the display and other settings but still it is lagging quite a bit, I wondered could it be my FS9.cfg or anything else?

Probably not. I don't know if you've ever watched "Kitchen NIghtmares" with chef Gordan Ramsey, but the one thing that blocks a successful resolution to a problem is denial.

gwillmot

I'm afraid to tell you that I think you're going to continue to have issues because of you your overall hardware. Half of FS9 is computer tweaking . . . and I don't think you'll ever get it to run as smoothly as an on-line game or your X-Box. Try bringing down your realism settings to a bare minimum you can accept, and then fly your flight, bringing up one setting at a time and see how that affects your overall experience.

The fact that your hardware is newer doesn't really help. FS9 is now almost 10 years old but that may actually work against it, because coding has changed so much. It can't even exploit mutli-core processing! My answer was to build my own systems, and not be cheap about it. I spent over $3,000 on just one of my boxes, and I still get the occasional stutter and bog down.

Stay with it, you won't regret it!