Sign in to follow this  
dho112

Well Holy Crap! I found some FPS!

If you have an nvidia card and use Ryan's suggestions for settings the FPS limiter is included in nvidia inspector.

William,

Thank you so much for that link! I really feel like I am on the right track now as far as getting things dialed in... The external frame limiting is something I probably would never have looked at had I not gone thru the steps of even plodding thru older information on my way to newer information...

And there is a wealth of advice in that thread that really clear many things up! I'm one of those users that just knows enough about antialiasing to be dangerous around a video card console. I just plug stuff in and hit the broad strokes of config. It seems more and more though like FSX is so much more about the fine details in getting it setup correctly, much like flying the 737ngx...

Thanks again!

David Obando

Home Airport KSFO
System: Windows 11 Pro x64 22H2, Intel I9-13900KS Watercooled, Asus Maximus Z690 Extreme Motherboard, 32 Gb Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR5 5600, ASUS RTX 4090 OC Edition, 4Tb NVME m.2 Array (2Tb x 2), Aorus FV43U 43" Display (144Mhz), Corsair Ax1600i powersupply, Marvel AQC107 10Gb Network adaptor, Comcast 1Gb Internet Service, Corsair 7000D Airflow Case 7x140mm, 4x120mm cooling fans.

No tweaks (except HIGHMEMFIX=1) and no OC and I still get 40 FPS with the NGX.

Another Intel user I see...

Best regards,

Robin.

[JOBSCHEDULER]

AFFINITYMASK=14 **

was the setting that finally made FSX playable for me. In fact the performance boost was stunning. I have FSX frames set to unlimited and set nVidia Inspector's fps limiter to 30. Without the limiter, fps fluctuates wildly (like up into the low 100's) and FSX eventually crashes.

The rest of Bojote's tweaks are debatable, and no one should simply run their fsx.cfg file through his system and blindly accept that it's gonna improve their FSX experience. Bojote himself has said this over and over. That said, I have added a number of his other tweaks, but only after testing each one, and the NGX performs smoothly even in and out of highly complex airport sceneries like Flightbeam SFO and MA Frankfurt.

** Although my CPU is the i7-2600, I disable hyper-threading when flying. This takes 10 seconds while visiting the BIOS on reboot. With HT on I used 252 for the AffinityMask -- but, subjectively, FSX seems to perform better with HT off, and the rig runs a few degrees cooler.

- Jev McKee, AVSIM member since 2006.
Specs: i7-2600K oc to 4.7GHz, 8GB, GTX580-1.5GB, 512GB SSD, Saitek Pro Flight Yoke System, FSX-Acceleration 

i have just read the topic after a long long day of reinstalling evvveerryy thing, jeez i am so tired, and after doing alll that i got an error on my flihgt today at vatsim, fsx stopped running windows trying to find a solution, oh what a nightmare, and that after i did tose bojote's tweaks, good night pal's will talk you you tomorrow.(: