Sign in to follow this  
Scorpiux

What Aircraft to choose..

Hi community,

I am feeling its time for me to change from to General Aviation Aircrafts something a little bigger, i am considering the following 3 aircraft, but dont know whats the best, i have always flown GA's and by low-level VFR... So i am afraid that some of these beast could be a too big of a challenge to master, but you'll never know if you dont give it a try..!!

The aircraft i am considering buying are:

Challenger 300

CRJ-200

Douglas DC-3

Please give argumentation for your suggestion, thanks in advance...!!!

Regards,

Mo'

can't go wrong with any of them. all are great, not only visually. depends on what you like to fly.

Challenger 300: is the most automated of them. has some nice sound effects (ambient sounds).

CRJ-200: has the best FMS if you want to get into learning that.

Douglas DC-3: beautiful, slow oldtimer. most close to you style of flying now.

I'd go for the CRJ, because it gives you opportunity to learn a new system. Programm holdings, fly SIDs and STARs with autopilot, etc.

If you want to learn complex systems, with a long learning curve, the CRJ 200 would be hard to beat, I don't have a problem recommending anything from J Rollon, I don't own the CRJ but I do have other Rollon prop craft and they are hard to beat for art and flight models.

However coming from GA props, as I have I would heartily recommend the DC3. I own this plane as well as the Duchess from this developer, and I must say, if you are going to spend money on this hobby, these are the planes to buy.

The DC3 is a bit faster and a heavier plane, a challenge to land well being a tail dragger, but a real joy to fly. You must do engine management or the engines will blow out. If you saw the DC3 video from Comanche, notice on his takeoff, there was way too much power applied, the MP was way over 50inHg, and the red warning was on in the lower left of the screen. He must have pulled power off immediately or else both engines would have popped, or perhaps they did and he just fixed it in movie maker. :smile:

Any of these planes are well worth the money. If I was an airliner person, I would have to buy all of them. :biggrin: I don't know the people behind the Challenger, but I have seen a lot of good words for it.

If you want to learn complex systems, with a long learning curve, the CRJ 200 would be hard to beat, I don't have a problem recommending anything from J Rollon, I don't own the CRJ but I do have other Rollon prop craft and they are hard to beat for art and flight models.

However coming from GA props, as I have I would heartily recommend the DC3. I own this plane as well as the Duchess from this developer, and I must say, if you are going to spend money on this hobby, these are the planes to buy.

The DC3 is a bit faster and a heavier plane, a challenge to land well being a tail dragger, but a real joy to fly. You must do engine management or the engines will blow out. If you saw the DC3 video from Comanche, notice on his takeoff, there was way too much power applied, the MP was way over 50inHg, and the red warning was on in the lower left of the screen. He must have pulled power off immediately or else both engines would have popped, or perhaps they did and he just fixed it in movie maker. :smile:

Any of these planes are well worth the money. If I was an airliner person, I would have to buy all of them. :biggrin: I don't know the people behind the Challenger, but I have seen a lot of good words for it.

Yea, I blew a few engines making that movie! :dance: Its hard to do engine management and get the right camera angles at the same time.

To the original poster, All the planes you mention are the creme of the crop. I have them all. It all depends on the kind of flying your looking to do, but which ever one of these 3 you choose, you wont be disapointed.

Rob

If you fly alot of VFR I would go with the new DC-3,The VC is one of the best I've seen in any simulator.

100%75%50%d8a34be0e82d98b5a45ff4336cd0dddc

0D8701AB-1210-4FF8-BD6C-309792740F81.gif

Patrick

Different challenges. The DC-3 can be flown IFR, but you are most likely to fly it VFR, so its challenge is one of engine mnagement, nursing those engines to get you up to 10,000 feet or so and nursing them when you come back down with the occasional burst of power and careful use of the cowling gills so that you don't foul the plugs with oil or shock cool the engines and damage them.

As far as flying is concerned, like the real DC-3, the simulated one is a forgiving aeroplane, so learning to fly it would be easy for you in that respect, with just the engines presenting a new challenge. The others will present systems challenges in learning their complexity, and challenges relating to modern flight planning, such as flying SIDs and STARs, the autopilot will take care of most of the actual driving on modern jetliners, which is good, since longer flights will beckon, although there is nothing stopping you from hand-flying.

Thus the choice is one of how you want to fly, where you want to fly, and how much do you want to learn.

Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Thanks for the advices.

I am really split between the Challenger and the DC-3, could of course buy them both, but my behind can only sit in one aircraft of the time, and my brain can only learn one system at the time... hmmm... If just there was a discount or similiar for buying all three... :-) I wouldn't blink for second...

Guess it will end up with, being:

* DC-3

* Challenger 300

* CRJ-200

Hoping this solution will give a smooth learning curve towards the CRJ-200...

I doubt if we could get a discount deal going as these ae from three different developers :smile:

I think you made an excellent choice. Myself I am waiting for IXEG 737, that will probably be the only airliner I ever buy.