Sign in to follow this  
Gate51

"Light Sensor" white boxe problem

Good day,

in the upper left of my screen, there is a white box. I can make it bigger then detach it out of the window and this "box" 's windows is called "light sensor". it's very boring escpecially during night flight. It's not possible to close this window.

What is this ? I only get that with PMDG NGX. I'm running SP1C.

here are illustrations :

2dbox.png

vcboxextended.png

vcboxname.png

Please Help me fixing that...

Theo.

GATE 51

or ManFlex55

This has been mentioned many times, its a light senser for the panels for the 737 you cant get rid of it just hide your mouse arrow in it

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

It used to bother me allot... As in very noticeable, but now I hardly ever notice it! You'll get used to after time. Just give it a few weeks.

This has been mentioned many times, its a light senser for the panels for the 737 you cant get rid of it just hide your mouse arrow in it

thanks for your fast reply, that's a bad news...

It used to bother me allot... As in very noticeable, but now I hardly ever notice it! You'll get used to after time. Just give it a few weeks.

I'm flying the ngx since it's out, never noticed it before until a week ago. I don't know how i couldn't have noticed it before as it's so white during night. It's look like something as changed...... aw... wait... yes something has changed, as I am running FS2crew i start playing in 2D instead of VC, could this incresase this effect ?

but anyway if you say it's normal and that there are no ways to definitly hide it... i can just hope for a solution to be found with SP2.

last question if you can help, you can notice that in my 2D view, i can only see ground do you know how to change that ? I never flight in 2D but i think this is not normal...

Thanks you for your answers !

Théo.

GATE 51

or ManFlex55

There is nothing to get rid of, the sensor is needed for the lighting to work right, there are limitations of fsx that pmdg has to work around. This is one of them.

There is nothing to get rid of, the sensor is needed for the lighting to work right, there are limitations of fsx that pmdg has to work around. This is one of them.

I of course didn't want to get rid of light sensor, just the white boxe. Waiting for SP2 to see if they found how to fix this.

Thanks

GATE 51

or ManFlex55

I of course didn't want to get rid of light sensor, just the white boxe. Waiting for SP2 to see if they found how to fix this.

Thanks

lol you cant get rid of the white box its part of the ngx its like another panel kind of in your cfg make sure your wide aspect view is set to true to make your view look up rather than down in 2d

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

I noticed that it was reduced to only 1 pixel in a later service pack (and also in PMDG 777 models) If you touch it (try to move or re-size it with your mouse cursor) it will enlarge (especially in the 777LR model) from 1 pixel (tiny) to many more and become annoying - then it will be impossible to re-size it down to only 1 pixel again unless you re-start the flight. I just leave it alone at 1 pixel and hardly notice it's even there. 

Cheers,

Bill Alexander

I only get that with PMDG NGX. I'm running SP1C.

This appears in all the PMDG aircraft I have - the 747, MD-11, NGX, and T7. It's been there all along, you just never noticed it until recently.

I personally never noticed it at all since the beginning. I'm flying exclusively in VC cockpit.

I will check it on my next flight but I hardly think that it will bother me now since it neved did before.

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Avec l'avion, nous avons inventé la ligne droite.

St Exupéry, Terre des hommes.