Sign in to follow this  
duke_sc

Newbie with no tp scenery showing

[service Example 3]

cache_folder=C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\TileProxyServicesCache\cache.service3

network_module=libnettile

module_config="conn=20|rate=2.0|verbose=0|server=http://us.maps3.yimg.com|path=/aerial.maps.yimg.com/img?x=%x&y=%y&z=%z&v=%v&t=a|useragent=Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 6.0; SLCC1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.04506; .NET CLR 1.1.4322)"

min_level=5

max_level=19

map_version=1.9

level_mapping=5,6,7,8,9,10,11,14,14,14,15,16,17,18,19

color_hack=No

color_level=0

bulk_extend=50

Hi,

Used your posted info and when I run the program I got the following messages many times.

Simulation is running.

TileAPI: JPEG decoding problem at level 15 (15976,22542) - 02970000, len=4914!

TileAPI: JPEG decoding problem at level 15 (15977,22542) - 02971332, len=4914!

TileAPI: JPEG decoding problem at level 15 (15976,22543) - 02972664, len=4914!

TileAPI: JPEG decoding problem at level 15 (15977,22543) - 02973996, len=4914!

TileAPI: JPEG decoding problem at level 15 (15976,22544) - 02974CC8, len=4914!

TileAPI: JPEG decoding problem at level 15 (15977,22544) - 02975FFA, len=4914!

proxyUser: Individual tile accesses 0, 0.0 per second

proxyUser: Preloaded: 50468, Hit: 0, Miss: 0, Messages: 185

Still no sign of the sattelite data within FSX. I think I'm going to thank you for your trouble and time, but give up on tileproxy now. it's just not worth the hassle. Pity none of the developers seem to be on here anymore, maybe they could have spotted what's gone wrong.

Cheers,

Duke

Duke,

This is a freebeeee--meaning do what you have to, but I can tell you frustration is part of this and a number of us fall off deep ends due to what we alone do.

Start with a new- ini -file compleat as downloaded. GO from There.

If you want I'll send you compleat file with Service 3 Activated.

Let me know

All of us here had some kind of problem with this BUT ITS BETA and IT works.

Tile Proxy is a learning curve, but if you read and re read the manual you can get excellent results.

You dont fly right away, so why do you expect a beta program to work on first try?

Take the time read the manual, its all there. one sentence at a time, understand what is said, then go on.

I had nothing but problems, but when I sat down and went throuh it i started to understand that the only problem was read the manual on my part.

Many others will say the very same thing, to quick to pull the trigger results in screwups

take a look at posting above for some pictures of what tile proxy can do.

What a interesting series of post - My very deep thanks for it all - Not sure how to save it as I will have to keep coming back to it - I have just started out on the TP venture and spent at least the week trying to get it to install past the dreaded 'singed file' block - I have achieved with the F8 key every time I start and believe it or not at least get the DOS screen right up to 'TileProxy is ready to fly' :-)

Thats where my luck stops so I will be reading and re-reading the posts - Again my thanks

Good luck. I've given up on it for the moment purely because my internet connection isn't anywhere near fast enough :rolleyes:

Just come back to say a few words to the two guys having the problems with TP = As you will have read I have really only just started on this learning curve - But I have at least got it to work to some extent - Problems that I have overcome are

Signed file rejection

Setting the Example that worked

Missing cache

This is on a Win7/64 nothing special machine so if I can help from a learners point of view pleased to

While I like the idea of the map scenery via a server - it really is not as good as the bought scenery I use for UK - BUT - is good for doing trips to places where I have been ie Cyprus for one - At the moment still only use the little Cessna fo TP flights - Regards to all - Pete

Yeah I'm Win7 64, took a little bit of trial and error to get it running - biggest thing was needing to hit F8 on boot and selecting disable digital driver signing. It's not as good as my Horizon VFR but then I never expected it to be given that it's free and trying to build photoscenery on the fly (literally!).

dseo13b exe    is the programe for disabling digital driver  in win 7

the driver is    C:\Windows\System32\drivers\tileproxy sys

TP is a little odd or something. I went to Source Forge website to get the latest and it says "updated 17 hours ago". You'd think it's updated but the INI is not ready-to-go. There's also this tutorial which is nice but written 3 years so I think some of info is irrelevant.

Anyway, I also had a black tile problem but it did download scenery files (*.bpl). After looking in this thread, I commented out all the sources but 3. Btw, I'm not sure you have to comment out the source definition blocks, ie: [service Example 3], etc'. These are just definitions. I'm nearly sure it doesn't do anything unless you point to that source in the 'source selection' part of the INI.

I also noticed you have to edit the path on source example 3 as it points to: cache_folder=C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\TileProxyServicesCache\cache.service3. Either that or you'll have to create a folder called 'TileProxyServicesCache' inside 'Microsoft Games'. I had errors and it didn't work until I sorted that one out. Now everything seems to work. I also the imagery to 30cm and the loading hasn't changed. Loads up pretty fast and works smoothly.

Now I just need to find interesting spots. :)