Sign in to follow this  
pkofman

pan around aricraft similar to fsx

Im new to x-plane 10. Well sort of new.

As a long time fsx guy I have been working hard to try to get comfortable with x-plane 10 . i keep wanting x-10 to be great but I just never really get the hang of it.

In particular I want to understand the eye position in spot view.

The view i miss a bit is the way in which fsx allows me to go to "spot view" and then circle the aircraft . In other words the i am not in a fixed position and the eyepoint is moving around the plane.

Is this what cinematic view is?

Is this possible in x plane.

I really dislike that the eyepoint seems to be fixed

Thank you

Peter

You can circle around outside. just hit Shift 4, then use the arrow keys to shift left, right up and the down arrow will take you closer to the plane. Also the period and comma keys will move you closer in or out. There are a myriad of views using the keyboard, or you can assign views to joystick buttons. Cinema Verite is like the head latency in FSX. There are different view points using the Shift + one of the number keys, There are at least 29 view commands. Keep in mind this is not a Microsoft product, so likely we will have to get used to different ways of doing things. I have never seen any body else's flight sim use the same key presses or commands as Microsoft uses, so I don't know why we expect that in this sim.

When I first got X-plane, I had trouble learning some of the new view commands, but after a day or two it became natural.

I really love the "K" & "L" key to set the time of day on the fly! that is one of my favorite features.

Rob

Thanks.. i guess old habits die hard.. I keep hitting the s and a keys looking to change views.. Just got to get the ms habits out of the way . thanks for the feed back

Pete

You could always re-assign the keys to mimic FSX key presses.

You could try ChaseView Deluxe if you want to spend 5 bucks. It works just fine with XPX, took me a couple of e-mails to get it going but company was

very responsive.

Link: http://store01.prostores.com/servlet/x-planestore/Detail?no=177

Chuck

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-12700KF CPU @ 4.90GHz  32.0 GB RAM Windows 11 Home NVIDIA RTX 3080Ti 12GB Multi monitors

WD SN850 M2 2TB PSU 1000W. 360 AIO.cooling.