Sign in to follow this  
ballooningrich

Fix for #2 Engine Start Missing Start-up Sound

Hi All

Here is a fix for the King Air's missing Engine Number 2 startup sound. As always this fix is carried out at your own risk, however if you follow the simple steps listed you shouldnt have any issues. I am going to explain this step-by-step for those who may not know the ins and outs of FSX.

The Fix

1. Ensure FSX is NOT running

2. Establish where you Microsoft Flight Simulator X folder is located (ie C:/Program Files/Microstoft Games/Microsoft Flight Simulator X)

3. Navigate toy the C90's Sound folder - C:\'WHERE EVER YOUR FSX IS LOCATED'\SimObjects\Airplanes\Carenado C90 King Air\sound

4. In the C90's sound folder locate the Sound Config File named sound.cfg

5. Make a back-up of the file incase it is needed in the future (left click to highlight, right clickto bring up sub menu, left click on copy, right click off the sound config file and left click on paste in the sub menu)

6. Open the soun.cfg using Notepad

7. Navigate down the file until you find [start2] its about 60% down the page und directly after the combustion sound file entry [COMBUST1.9] the enty should like this;

[start2]

filename=2xstart

flags=0

viewpoint=2

rparams=0.000000,1.000000,1.000000,1.000000

vparams=0.000000,50.000000,0.142857,50.000000,0.285714,50.000000,0.428571,50.000000,0.534216,52.127659,0.682119,56.382980,0.847682,64.893616,1.000000,74.468086

8. On the line viewpoint=2 change the 2 to a 1 so it reads viewpoint=1

9. Save and close the file (dont change its name from sound.cfg)

10. Load FSX and enjoy the sound of number 2 starting up.

Enjoy

Rich

Perfect! Thank you, works perfect

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

I would like to apply your fix but when I open the sound folder all the individual files are revealed and no sound.cfg is seen.

In the B90 lite section ther is a .cfg but it refers to alias B90. sound.cfg.

I am using Windows 7 64. Can I reduce all the files under one denomination of .cfg in the original folder ?

Thanks for any help

I would like to apply your fix but when I open the sound folder all the individual files are revealed and no sound.cfg is seen.

In the B90 lite section ther is a .cfg but it refers to alias B90. sound.cfg.

I am using Windows 7 64. Can I reduce all the files under one denomination of .cfg in the original folder ?

Thanks for any help

Follow the instructions at the page below to turn off "hide extensions for known file types" you should be able to see the proper file names then.

http://www.sevenforu...-hide-show.html

Cheers, Andy.

Thanks for helping out the new owners of this great (but incomplete) program....................all of us simmers are VERY fortunate to have programming experts like you.............THANKS!!! B42L8

Guest Mik75

Thank you Rich! Startup sequence is some serious fun now!

another solution to the engine2 startup sound missing (maybe more realistic):

edit with your notepad the sound.cfg (make a backup copy before) at the beginning and substitute

the section: [sOUND_ENGINE]

WITH THIS: (you can copy and paste and overwrite ONLY THIS SECTION "sound_engine")

[sOUND_ENGINE]

number_of_engines=2

ENG1_COMBUSTION=COMBUSTION.1.04

ENG1_STARTER=starter

ENG1_COMBUSTION_START=combstart

ENG1_SHUTDOWN=shutdown

ENG1_JET_WHINE=NEX

ENG1_PROP=PROP.1.01

ENG1_NON_COMBUSTION=NON_COMBUSTION.1.00

ENG2_COMBUSTION=COMBUSTION.1.04 //COMBUST1.0

ENG2_STARTER=starter //Start2

ENG2_COMBUSTION_START=combstart //Combstart2

ENG2_PROP=PROP.1.01 //PROP1.0

ENG2_SHUTDOWN=shutdown

ENG2_JET_WHINE=NEX

ENG2_NON_COMBUSTION=NON_COMBUSTION.1.00

I hope this solution can also work well !!!

Good flight to all!

SQUALO111