Sign in to follow this  
EGLL77W

Alpha Model?

Could someone explain what exactly is an Alpha Model? My guess is it's the first model ha. I saw Tabs or Ryan his name is saying the 777 was the Alpha version so was curious to what that even means.

Cheers!

An alpha is a product version mostly complete & being subjected usually to internal testing. Betas are tested by a larger group typically of people outside the company. After beta comes the final product.

Pmdg made use of two beta teams for the ngx. If I recall correctly one was basically a technical team, looking for bugs & the other a group of real world 737 crewmembers helping to fine-tune the flight model & systems.

That may not be exactly correct, but it's pretty close.

An alpha is a product version mostly complete & being subjected usually to internal testing. Betas are tested by a larger group typically of people outside the company. After beta comes the final product.

Pmdg made use of two beta teams for the ngx. If I recall correctly one was basically a technical team, looking for bugs & the other a group of real world 737 crewmembers helping to fine-tune the flight model & systems.

That may not be exactly correct, but it's pretty close.

Ah right, thank you Kenneth!

Alpha = our internal testing, features still being coded/added. Tech team members (actual pilots, maintenance etc) involved, but no wide beta team.

Beta = aircraft is feature complete, just bug fixing. Wide beta team involved.

We go version Alpha 1 through Alpha X until it's ready to go beta, then version Beta 1 through Beta X and then finally 1.0 when it releases.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Alpha = our internal testing, features still being coded/added. Tech team members (actual pilots, maintenance etc) involved, but no wide beta team.

Beta = aircraft is feature complete, just bug fixing. Wide beta team involved.

We go version Alpha 1 through Alpha X until it's ready to go beta, then version Beta 1 through Beta X and then finally 1.0 when it releases.

I see, makes sense. Thanks for clearing it up!

The final version is technically known as the "release candidate", meaning that it is considered ready for release to the market.