Sign in to follow this  
FloB

FaceTrackNoIR with XP10

Is anybody using the free FaceTracknoIR with XP10 and is able to share some impressions?

Seems to work quite well with "sim-like" games (watch on youtube).

Unfortunately I don't own a webcam but if it works well I would get one...

http://facetracknoir.sourceforge.net/home/default.htm

Thanks

Flo

I used to use TrackIR for a couple of weeks but didn't get warm with it. Performance is great, but cables on my head, fragile and quite dangling TrackClipPro..., finally I sold it.

But nonethelesse headtracking seems a good approach for controlling a VC to me...so...

Guest Antlab

Is anybody using the free FaceTracknoIR with XP10 and is able to share some impressions?

Seems to work quite well with "sim-like" games (watch on youtube).

Unfortunately I don't own a webcam but if it works well I would get one...

http://facetracknoir...ome/default.htm

I have Facetracknoir, but still did not try it with XP.

If you still have to buy a webcam, I read often that TFN works well with the PS3 Eyecam, that has some dedicated drivers to be used for PC.

A.

Used Facetracknoir with FSX like it actually been improvements since 2010 when I used it. PS3 eye gets 30fps on FSX now. Someday wish to see face tracking noir become stardand feature on X-Plane. Almost bought trackir for 150 USD but I figure it will become obsolete or replaced by better options. Think PS3 eye camera was cheaper and better option only use face tracking to perform traffic patters on take offs and landing. VFR low and slow no need for trackir since only fly single prop planes

Well, the PS3 eye hint is probably a good one. The "eye" works with 60 fps which is twice the speed of common webcams, on the downside it's very low resolution. But since it´s build for head/body recognition it might be the right choice.

And hey - it´s sold on amazon für 7-10 euros including shipping! Will give it a go.

Thanks

Flo

I tried it (free demo) with x-plane and absolutely hated it :)

Having said that i never liked track ir either.