Sign in to follow this  
FrankFasi

Your Flight "graphics" settings?

My pleasure.

Remember that many viewo card upgrades (to state of the art types) also require a matching power suppy.

Yahoooo! I just installed an FXF Radeon HD6870, replacing an HD5770. The power supply is quite capable. I expected about 1.4 times the frame rate. I actually got a good bit more than than. With the 5770 the fps would drop as low as 14 under some conditions (built up city areas and rolling the plane hard) and usually ran in the mid twenties. With the 6870 is never drops below the high 20s (mainly on the ground due to the close up ground textures), and usually runs around 40. This is with all the options set as high as they will go except shadow quality which I have set to low and scenery density which I have set to high rather than maximum. With the 5770 I had weather set to medium as well. All at 1920x1080.

This particular card has dual fans on it which keeps it quite quiet and cool. After rebate (if I get it) it will have cost about $150. Sometimes it is good to stay a generation behind! Now if I can find a 3 ghz Quad Core Intel processor that will fit an LGA775 socket I may not have to go any farther for quite a while.

Gord