Sign in to follow this  
FrankFasi

Your Flight "graphics" settings?

Does it settings useful for Flight?

http://www.simforums...topic36586.html

Could be, don't know, but 1. I always used other settings for FSX and 2. Flight isn't FSX, so you might as well post a link to settings for Need for Speed or World of Warcraft... :wink: . With settings like these you simply have to find out what works best for your pc.

BTW I almost didn't dare to click on that link because I already presumed it would lead me to a post of NickN... I hate to be remembered to his tedious and way too long tweaking posts... I am so glad Flight works well out of the box...! :wink:

I have a respectable system. The specs are in the signature except that my base is a Dell 560 with a 27" Samsung HD Monitor. I have not tweaked anything and everything is set to Max that will allow (One only goes to high can't remember which). I have not had any stutters since download and run FSX at almost max. I would like to get a 560 but can't squeeze it past the wife yet. I did notice that a halfway decent sound card takes a good load off.

Thanks,

Ron

Is there a FPS switch in Flight? I have not seen it anywhere. If not, how are you folks measuring your frames per second?

Gord

Is there a FPS switch in Flight? I have not seen it anywhere. If not, how are you folks measuring your frames per second?

Gord

Hello Gord

Flight does not have a FPS switch.

You can use Fraps.

http://www.fraps.com/download.php

Hello Gord

Flight does not have a FPS switch.

You can use Fraps.

http://www.fraps.com/download.php

Thank you! Downloaded Fraps and find that I am not getting any where near the fps I expected, but also noted that it doesn't matter. Anything above about 20 (even less if just flying straight) is fine as long as there are no glitches. Time to think about upgrading again though. :-)

Gord

Thank you! Downloaded Fraps and find that I am not getting any where near the fps I expected, but also noted that it doesn't matter. Anything above about 20 (even less if just flying straight) is fine as long as there are no glitches. Time to think about upgrading again though. :-)

Gord

My pleasure.

Remember that many viewo card upgrades (to state of the art types) also require a matching power suppy.

Just to clarify, anyone not running a Windows 7 x64 is not eligible for Max settings in Flight. I don't know why, but it just is. I doesn't matter how well of a computer you run, you cannot run Max unless you have Windows 7 x64.

That isn't true. I run on XP and with Custom=1 in Flight.cfg, one can override the settings.

Alex has already corrected the statement you quoted in other threads.

Something like: “anyone not running an x64 operating system is not eligible for Max settings in Flight.”

That isn't true. I run on XP and with Custom=1 in Flight.cfg, one can override the settings.

I agree, when you use Custom=1 then

ShadowQuality=High

Sharpness=High

SceneryDensity=High

SceneryQuality=High

TextureQuality=High

WeatherQuality=High

are Overridden, and Flight ignores them, then you can tweak the other graphics settings.

I know that. I'm just saying for default settings. As in no tweaks and stuff added to Flight. In that case, you can only run max with x64 operating system. By the way, Windows XP does have a x64 operating system.

Hi Eevun!

I stoled your conf ;D

can I ask why do you pre-rendered frames set to 2? Do you notice any visible difference? I dont' know very whell this settings mean

I'm opened a new topic to track only the specific configuration settings, I don't wont duplicate post, only try to divide configuration and discussions! :)

Please, share your experience!

http://forum.avsim.n...-configuration/

anto

Hi, Ntnll :)

To be honest, i set prerendered frames to "2" because that's the setting i was using for FSX. I didn't try putting a different value. I can test it and let you know but i don't think it will change anything. I have steady 60fps for the 99% of time.

Cheers

In my new PC, i5-2500 @ 3,3 GHz, Nvidia 450 GT 1GB DDR3, and 8 GB RAM, I am getting excellent results, but my graphics menu only allows for HIGH as the max setting, although I have read that some users see MAX as well (?)

What sort of hardware enables the MAX option?

Anyway, eveything very fluid now... :-)

As a matter of fact I even decided to install de xplane10 demo again, and what a difference!!!! That other sim shines when a machine up to it's requirements is used...

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

What sort of hardware enables the MAX option?

All but the last two graphic options, have a maximum setting if you machine and OS meet the requirements.

What OS are you running - Windows 7 64 bit hopefully?

Yep, windows7 64 Home Premium bit, but I believe I did it wrong because I thought the MAX setting existed for all options... Will give it a try tomorrow, THX!

All but the last two graphic options, have a maximum setting if you machine and OS meet the requirements.

What OS are you running - Windows 7 64 bit hopefully?

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

I thought the MAX setting existed for all options

I actually would like it for weather too. If weather was on Max, I think that it would be a big improvement.