Sign in to follow this  
trevorbee

Dozing off - back to FS9 again.

The problem is, a forum completely dominated by "haters" is barely worse than a forum completely dominated by "######." If you go to either extreme, the forum becomes worthless. I've seen how bad "######" forums can get.

Not just in this thread but in others, people have begun attacking anyone saying anything negative about Flight, to the point that we lost a good moderator who had a lot to offer to our enjoyment of Flight.

That's just sad, because this has been pretty much the only forum on the internet where Flight could be discussed in a mature and adult fashion. And it's going away.

No problem.

I don't know why some people just don't like to get along. The only thing you can say with certainty about somebody who takes an extreme position (on either side) is that they are wrong, at least to a certain degree.

yup. the two sides are definitely polarizng... unnecessarily.

Lord help us all though if it is a cockpitless aircraft!

I second that.

Somehow that reminded me of a game where on the first Mission of the Russian Campaign,

they gave you Rifle or Bullets, not both.

I think it was in Medal of Honor Russia Campaign

I think we all just need to see MS release something for Flight, at least give everyone something else to talk about.

Lord help us all though if it is a cockpitless aircraft!

:smile:

agreed!

and agreed!

Guest Antlab

But would you ever wander into a Synagogue to express a dislike of Jews, or into a Mosque to criticise Allah? I wouldn't recommend that.

With all the due respect, this is the most absurd comparison I read in a LONG time.

I also think that it could be offending for some religious people, so please try to avoid this type of exaggeration when talking of a simple game. (Also if this could explain the reactions of some people, maybe are we passing from fans to worshippers? )

A.

I also think that it could be offending for some religious people...

I did wonder if my example was too extreme. Offence was not intended. The purpose of the comment was merely to illustrate the potential connection between criticism delivered and offence taken. I think you now appreciate that connection. This linkage is not limited to religion. The example could also have been the reaction of a mother to criticism of her children by a stranger or anyone other than say a teacher from whom honest feedback is solicited...

My plea has not been for no criticism, but for more 'thoughtful' comments and exchanges within a forum shared by people with an interest in Flight and what it can become, rather than barbed comments from people disgruntled by what it isn't. That is not an extreme position.

By the way, Antlab, I did not realise you were Italian. Your written English is excellent...

agreed!

and agreed!

It seems we are in violent agreement on many things too :)

Guest Antlab

By the way, Antlab, I did not realise you were Italian. Your written English is excellent...

Thank you. And thanks to a forum about a game now I am also able to correctly spell a fancy word as "etymology" :wink:

A.