Sign in to follow this  
kcmo

Can I turn off a VC cockpit (temporarily)?

As much as I enjoy VC cockpits, I often like to turn them off when sightseeing.

Anyway to do that in Flight?

I think it is the "w" key in FSX

In case anyone is wondering where the heck that screenshot cam is... Open camera.cfg, search for CameraDefinition.013 and under that heading change 'CycleHidden=Yes' to .CycleHidden=No'. Now when you cycle views with er... F6 or F7 (can't check it right now) you will also get the Screenshot cam. This cam uses the same movement controls as the VC view (middle mouse hold and drag, right mouse hold and drag, Ctrl-Q, Ctrl-E, etc. etc.) but you will move a LOT faster. Great for screenshots but also great to position yourself underneath the plane for a VC-less view on the scenery!

P.S. To get to the camera.cfg quickly: go to the startmenu, copy this in search and hit Enter:

%appdata%\microsoft\flight

Backup the file first!

Ah! Got you!!!! You've been infected by the cockpitless virus!!!!!

Ehehe

:-( going through my 3rd windows 7 install... The former went wrong :-(((((

I look fwd to get FLIGHT installed by tomorrow morning...

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Lenovo TB310FU 9,5" Tablet for Navigraph and some available external FMCs or AVITABs

Main flight simulator: MSFS 2020 ! Hands down (all summed up) Best sim ever!!!

Backups are for wimps, Jeroen. :LMAO: Thanks for the tip, just did the mod. Didn't know about that one.

Best regards.

Luis

For some of the newer folks that may not know:

There has been a lot of good information compiled and stored in the tutorials section for Flight.

Just click on the Tutorials in the header of Avsim, then navigate to Microsoft Flight - Early Tutorials.

There is some really good information in there that has been put together by some folks since Flight's release.