Sign in to follow this  
kcbeee

Landing Lights @ 10,000 FT

Hi Bryan,

I am using FSCaptain along with FS2Crew and was flying into Bogota yesterday which has an alititude around 8,000 feet. The FO turned on the landing lights well before 10,000 feet which may in fact be SOP. I got a "did not set lights properly" penalty in FSCaptain for turning on the landing lights before 10,000 feet.

Questions:

1) How does FS2Crew determine when to turn on the landing lights?

2) Are landing light minimums dictated by governments, airlines or both?

I continue to be amazed at how much realism FS2Crew has added to my flying. I used to think FS2Crew would add too much time to my flights but I have found it to be just the opposite, allowing me to follow the checklists without worrying about missing every switch and setting. Now if I could only get my wife to respond to "Some Dinner Please". Big%20Grin.gif

Thanks for any info you can provide.

Kevin

Banner_FS2Crew_Supporter.jpg

Hi Kevin,

For high altitude airports, I programmed it so the lights will come on during descent at runway elevation plus 10,000 feet.

So if your arrival airport is 8000 feet up, the lights will come on at 18,000 feet.

I applied the same kind of logic to the climb phase as well.

Glad you like the software.

Cheers,

Can you please give us the option to disable this AGL+10K feature?  In the US, it's 10,000 ft. period.  I'm getting pinged on my flight logger/critique program for the FO (FS2Crew) turning on the landing lights descending into Denver (5322 MSL) well before the 10,000 MSL standard.

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE

Can you please give us the option to disable this AGL+10K feature?  In the US, it's 10,000 ft. period.  I'm getting pinged on my flight logger/critique program for the FO (FS2Crew) turning on the landing lights descending into Denver (5322 MSL) well before the 10,000 MSL standard.

If you do that when flying to La Paz SLLP, your landing lights won't come on till you are 3325ft underground.

US & Canada only is the FAR requirement.

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE