Sign in to follow this  
brucewtb

A couple of new issues

What triggers the FO annunciation "Localiser alive" and "Glideslope alive"? These seem to happen well before they actually become active during approach and sometimes more than once.

Pushback - changing the settings in the config panel doesn't seem to do much which is a problem because the pushback is going too far and I'm ending up off the tarmac and on the grass when leaving some gates eg from the YSSY domestic terminal and the YSCB terminal.

I also have a problem with the sequence of Vnav, Lnav etc after takeoff but I notice there is another thread on that topic so I will post there if i still have issues after reading through it.

Thanks

Bruce

Bruce Bartlett

Frodo: "I wish none of this had happened." Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

Hi Bruce,

Alive calls: Not sure. They work fine for me.

Pushback: Try setting your pushback distance to the lowest distance level. The pushback in FSX is a bit funky. It turns very slowly. For the best pushback, I recommend GEX.

LNAV/VNAV: Should work. Just make the calls in the order they appear in the windows as per the NADP 1/2 profile.

OK I am getting the glideslope alive call during the latter stage of the star as soon as I change to the ILS frequency and well before the glideslope is captured eg at YSCB with the RAZZ8U.35 star and the ILS Rwy 35 approach. I have the trial version of GEX may have to get the full version. Still coming to grips with the NADP profiles - it is a lot simpler to just select LNAV and VNAV before takeoff and CMDA at 400 ft.

Another hassle is starting to emerge - stackhash CTDs which seem to be triggered by FS2C - never got these before installing FS2C and only when FS2C is running - most likely to happen if something goes wrong and I try to backtrack and usually when pressing the main button. Doesn't happen all the time but enough to be annoying.

Bruce

Bruce Bartlett

Frodo: "I wish none of this had happened." Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

OK I am getting the glideslope alive call during the latter stage of the star as soon as I change to the ILS frequency and well before the glideslope is captured eg at YSCB with the RAZZ8U.35 star and the ILS Rwy 35 approach. I have the trial version of GEX may have to get the full version. Still coming to grips with the NADP profiles - it is a lot simpler to just select LNAV and VNAV before takeoff and CMDA at 400 ft.

Another hassle is starting to emerge - stackhash CTDs which seem to be triggered by FS2C - never got these before installing FS2C and only when FS2C is running - most likely to happen if something goes wrong and I try to backtrack and usually when pressing the main button. Doesn't happen all the time but enough to be annoying.

Bruce

Hi Bruce,

The localizer/glideslope alive call is triggered when there is movement on the horizontal or vertical scale respectively, it doesn't indicate capture, just movement.

I have no idea about the stackhash issue, bryan better to help with that.

I've never experienced that one.

Try doing a flight away from 3rd party scenery and AI to help isolate.

Try not using FSINN if you're using it.

Check your textures..

Also see thread... maybe it'll help.

http://www.flycay.com/forums/showthread.php?4000-Have-to-reinstall-FSX-....-AGAIN

Cheers,

Try GSX for pushback and ground enhancements, it works in every airport and the pushback places you in the middle of a taxiway provided our afcad is current. Works fantastic!

Hi Bruce,

The localizer/glideslope alive call is triggered when there is movement on the horizontal or vertical scale respectively, it doesn't indicate capture, just movement.

Thanks but If that is the case then there is a problem as according to the PF flow at glideslope alive the PF calls gear down and flaps 15 but I am getting glideslope well short of that stage usually with flaps still up depending on when I change to the ILS frequency.

Bruce

I've never experienced that one.

Try doing a flight away from 3rd party scenery and AI to help isolate.

Try not using FSINN if you're using it.

Check your textures..

Also see thread... maybe it'll help.

http://www.flycay.co...-FSX-....-AGAIN

Cheers,

I don't have FSINN but It may be some interaction between FS2C and Aivlasoft's EFB which I use all the time - however it does seem that FS2C is part of the problem as the crash is triggered by pressing the main button to start the next action in the flow and it doesn't happen in mid flight when I'm not doing anything with FS2C. Could also be due to ORBX's YSCB scenery which is very demanding but I have been using the NGX with this scenery for many months before FS2C without any issues. Interesting link as I have had issues with the MD11 corrupting other installs but as I recall this was with the PMDG 747.

Bruce

Bruce Bartlett

Could also be due to ORBX's YSCB scenery which is very demanding but I have been using the NGX with this scenery for many months before FS2C without any issues.

You could be pushing your system too hard, possibly.

As a test, try making a flight away from 3rd party scenery.

Or move your sliders a little to the left, such as the LOD setting.

Thanks but If that is the case then there is a problem as according to the PF flow at glideslope alive the PF calls gear down and flaps 15 but I am getting glideslope well short of that stage usually with flaps still up depending on when I change to the ILS frequency.

Bruce

I don't have FSINN but It may be some interaction between FS2C and Aivlasoft's EFB which I use all the time - however it does seem that FS2C is part of the problem as the crash is triggered by pressing the main button to start the next action in the flow and it doesn't happen in mid flight when I'm not doing anything with FS2C. Could also be due to ORBX's YSCB scenery which is very demanding but I have been using the NGX with this scenery for many months before FS2C without any issues. Interesting link as I have had issues with the MD11 corrupting other installs but as I recall this was with the PMDG 747.

Bruce

Ok, some questions,..when do you change to the ILS frequency ? and How far are you from the airport ? and what altitude are you at generally ?

Ok, some questions,..when do you change to the ILS frequency ? and How far are you from the airport ? and what altitude are you at generally ?

Well I just repeated the approach into YSCB and in this instance I turned on the ILS frequency just before changing to the ILS intercept heading and at about 8000 ft (6000 above field level) and about 20 nm from the field. I got the Glideslope alive annunciation even though the glideslope indicator hasn't even appeared on the PFD yet. On the other hand I only get the "Localiser alive" annunciation just before capture is indicated on the PFD and well after the glideslope annunciation. Maybe it is just me but I have checked this and re- checked and I get the same result at least for this approach into YSCB. Now just to add a variation on this theme I have just done the ILS16R approach into YSSY and while I didn't get a premature "glideslope alive" annunciation nor did I get one where I should have when the glideslope indicator appeared on the PFD - the localiser annunciation occurred as it should have. So still some issues here witjh FS2C - at least for me.

Bruce

Bruce Bartlett

Hi Bruce,

So the call out works properly at YSSY and not YSCB?

Hmmm...

Just for fun, make a flight to Melbourne... see what happens there.

Does the PMDG navadata as viewable in the FMC for YSCB seem right? Namely, the runway elevation?

Well I just repeated the approach into YSCB and in this instance I turned on the ILS frequency just before changing to the ILS intercept heading and at about 8000 ft (6000 above field level) and about 20 nm from the field. I got the Glideslope alive annunciation even though the glideslope indicator hasn't even appeared on the PFD yet. On the other hand I only get the "Localiser alive" annunciation just before capture is indicated on the PFD and well after the glideslope annunciation. Maybe it is just me but I have checked this and re- checked and I get the same result at least for this approach into YSCB. Now just to add a variation on this theme I have just done the ILS16R approach into YSSY and while I didn't get a premature "glideslope alive" annunciation nor did I get one where I should have when the glideslope indicator appeared on the PFD - the localiser annunciation occurred as it should have. So still some issues here witjh FS2C - at least for me.

Bruce

Hi Bruce,

ermmmm this is a weird one, i'll try to reproduce it an we'll look into it. Also, just to be clear the glideslope/ localizer alive call is made for inward movement of the localizer and downward movement of the glideslope indicator to the center., not when it appears on the PFD.

Hi Bruce,

Also, just to be clear the glideslope/ localizer alive call is made for inward movement of the localizer and downward movement of the glideslope indicator to the center., not when it appears on the PFD.

OK thanks for that - just what is supposed to trigger these annunciations was a bit unclear to me. At the moment I have been flying between Sydney and Canberra as a way of gaining familiarity with the NGX/FS2C combination because it is short flight but one where the 737-800 is used in real life - mostly filled with politicians and public servants. I will now do some flights elsewhere and see if things behave differently. I will add that I am enjoying FS2C - it adds a lot to the ambiance of the FS experience.

Bruce

Bruce Bartlett

Just a follow up this. Still getting this incorrect Glideslope alive call - have attached a screenshot that illustrates where I an getting the glideslope alive call - at about 5000ft AGL and well before the glideslope indicator appears/starts to move on the PFD. This is on approach to YSCB rwy35 and I always have the anomaly with this approach. At other airports I sometimes get the call as it should but sometimes not.

Bruce

Bruce Bartlett