Sign in to follow this  
TKent

V-Speeds in FMC but not shown on speed tape

Occasionally I find that the v-speeds are shown fine on the FMC -- the FMC is calculating them correctly -- but they are not carried over to the display by the speed tape. Underneath the speed tape it says, in green, "VR 100," which isn't correct, since the VR on the FMC is often around 146 knots. Nothing is shown by the VR speed actually calculated by the FMC. Any reason these calculated speeds aren't being transferred over to the speed tape?

Tom Kent

Somewhat of a long shot, but above the EICAS (middle screen with engine displays) there are 2 little knobs. One controls the speed reference bugs, the other the N1. Verify they are both on Auto.

Steve Caffey

Have you confirmed your V speeds in the FMC?

Once they are displayed in the FMC you then have to manually select each one by clicking the adjacent key.

Guest MichaelMoe

Same here. Occasionly I also have this and then vnav is not working during the flight.

Michael Moe

As sparks said, you have to confirm each V speed into the FMC takeoff page.

Well i do that on the FMC Takeoff Page but nothing happens on the speedtape

Michaael

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

The Problem is just started after installing the VRinsight CDU II software. Maybe this is doing something bad

Michael

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

Are you pressing the EXEC key on the PERF page?

I discovered that this is problem for me at least. This is different from the 747 model where confirming the speeds automatically transfers them to the speedtape. I don't think this was covered in the tutorial #1 and I discovered it by serendipity.

Greg

Greg Clark

Thanks, everyone! I think my problem is solved. As some of you suggested, I was not executing the PERF INIT page, figuring I'd just click EXEC once after filling in all the remaining pages. I'm clicking EXEC now when I'm done with the PERF INIT page and the V-speeds are showing up fine on the speed tape.

Tom Kent

Not to be a rtfm guy, but this stuff is in the tutorial which isn't even the manual. :P