Sign in to follow this  
G-YMML1

FSX Default Planes

Hi,

I'm currently performing full FSX installation on the new system after more than 9 years with FS2004. Is it OK to completely delete all the default planes (except the one with the defalt flight), since I'm not planning to use them in the future.

Thank you

Dmitriy

Hi,

I'm currently performing full FSX installation on the new system after more than 9 years with FS2004. Is it OK to completely delete all the default planes (except the one with the defalt flight), since I'm not planning to use them in the future.

Thank you

Dmitriy

Not if you're planning to do missions. The missions are set to those planes. That's unless you set the mission plane to a different one.

Oh no, of course there will be missions and other kindergarten stuff

Oh no, of course there will be missions and other kindergarten stuff

Hello

Why would you want to with 1.6gb of hard disk space?

Aside from the fact that many other aircraft you install both freeware and also payware will expect to find the gauges and sounds from the default aircraft.

My guess, renaming of aircraft.cfg files would be just enough. You won't see them in A/C selection list, but still have the files, which could be needed on different panels (3rd party add-ons uses sometimes default sounds from out-of-the-box hangar)

What I did: in each aircraft.cfg I renamed the typerole to Microsoft. Now they all appear in the last menu. Also did the same with other aircraft. Makes my selection much easier.