Sign in to follow this  
ctiger

A10C Warthog Sim on Sale@Steam

I just ran across this "game" on steam for around $14. I am not a combat kinda guy but the video sure looked interesting. Has anyone tried the A10C Warthog?

http://store.steampo....com/app/61010/

Carl

Carl

PC AMD Ryzen R7-5700G (8-Core) processor), AMD Radeon RX 6600 Graphics 8GB/ 2TB HD + 500GB SSD,  16GB DDR4 3200MHz RAM, Win11

_____________________________________________________________________________________

I own it, I paid full price for that thing. If you're a button clicker and "procedures" guy it's a great combat simulator for 1 aircraft.

Full startup procedures. Like I said, it's a button clickers dream. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_Kfv0Y9Fc8

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

I have it too and can only say good things. Same with their Ka-50 helicopter DCS Blackshark.

That's very cheap.

They are creating "DCS World" soon which will allow many plugin aircraft. In fact you can download the beta now. Lots more development coming from those guys.

Thanks guys,

Accoridng to the video it would take about 8 minutes to do all the clicking and get rolling and that is if you knew what you were doing. It does appear that there maybe a timely learning curve just to get started. Is there a decent manual and is there an override similar to FSX to bypass a lot of the clicking of toggles etc.

Thanks,

Carl

Carl

PC AMD Ryzen R7-5700G (8-Core) processor), AMD Radeon RX 6600 Graphics 8GB/ 2TB HD + 500GB SSD,  16GB DDR4 3200MHz RAM, Win11

_____________________________________________________________________________________

It looks excellent, though a steep learning curve - not sure if an old guy like me can hack it. What kind of system demands does it make? If I thought my system could run it okay, I would probably buy it just to try it out

Last question - do you have to fly online or is there an offline mode as well???

It looks excellent, though a steep learning curve - not sure if an old guy like me can hack it. What kind of system demands does it make? If I thought my system could run it okay, I would probably buy it just to try it out

Last question - do you have to fly online or is there an offline mode as well???

Good questions. I am also with you about being an old guy can hack it since in a few days I will reach the young age of 70 thinkkng I am still 40.

I am leaning to going ahead and purchase since it is cheap and if I have time I will jump in with using the automatics.

Regards,

Carl

Carl

System demands are high on CPU but not on graphics just don't turn on HDR or Supersampling and use Low water setting.

You should get similar or better performance than FSX. I get double the FPS in DCS than FSX gives.