Sign in to follow this  
oldave1

Saitek Rudder Pedals...Not Working Properly

I just got a set of Saitek Rudder Pedals (Least expensive model) and they seemed to work fine for a couple of flights and then started working like my Saitek Yoke control instead of Rudders...???

When I taxi (Cessnas` etc.) they are all over the place without any "Input"...

If I`m at the runway and ready to take off, I power up and the aircraft starts to veer left down the runway everytime and gets completely out of control..which makes Take-Off nearly imposible...

When I press the rudder pedals you can see the "Yoke" in the cockpit moving...???

I have reloaded the Saitek CD software and it`s still totally unflyable...???

Any Ideas as to what or how I can resolve this problem...???

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated as I`m a relative Newbie to this FSX with Saitek Controls...

Thanks in advance...

oldave...

Hi oldave...

You can set the individual input axes in the control settings of FSX. Just select which device you want to set up from the drop down menu.

You'll most likely find both your yoke and rudder pedals listed and that some of the settings are duplicated. I forget what it's called - I don't have FSX open - but you just have to select a new input for the rudder pedals and then move them to activate the axis.

Let us know if this works.

cheers,

Andrew

Hi Guys...

No luck as yet, I have calibrated them using Saitek`s Set-Up Wizard which Looked Fine to me as far as the axises goes *Proper left toe right toe operation and right and left rudder operation...

But trying to calibrate them once in FSX it just does not seem right, because the Right Toe & Left Toe Brakes axises look suspect ,There is a set up box showing the right toe and left toe, but when you test them, the cursor for the left toe goes from the far left to the far right *Seems right perhaps*, then when you test the right toe the cursor moves from the top left to the bottom left of the box * I would have thought this time the cursor would move from the far right to the far left*

When testing the right rudder and left rudder it starts off in the middle at 50% and moves left and right the same amount, but when right rudder is pressed it goes from 50% to 100% at the far right...

It seems the rudder is stuck at 50% `Left Rudder`...

The Yoke is no longer turn when the rudder pedals are activated

When I try to take off, the aircraft (Cessna) veers down the runway to the left each time out of control, and if I do manage to get it into the air the turn coordinator Bubble is all over the place without any rudder or aileron input at all...It wants to fly left and out of control...

I have re-calibrated everything Yoke & Pedals about a half dozen times and even re-installed FSX Gold in case there was some sort of Glitch with the FSX Install...

I have a friend that has a set of CH Rudder Pedals and he is going to bring them over for me to try next week, to see if they work properly...

Thanks again for your suggestions and help...

oldave...

Here is what the settings box looks like in my Game Controller Settings.

The toe brakes behave exactly as you describe, and the Z axis bar goes up and down when

I step on the pedals.

You should also be able to look at the airplane in the external view and see the rudder

move side to side when stepping on the pedals..

Bert

There should be a specific setup in the manual (I'm guessing) - because there was for my combat pedals... and at first I set it up incorrectly (RTFM!)

manual:

http://www.saitek.com/manuals/pro_flight_rudder_pedals_en.pdf

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I was having the same problem (using rudder pedals would cause crash on takeoff).

I found an issue with the settings where the wrong controls were mapped to the brakes.

Settings->Other Settings->Controls

Select Control Axis tab

Controller type: Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals (or eq)

Event->Brake (left axis) double click

Press Left Toe (on pedals) then OK to select. For some reason on mine it was selecting ailerons.

Same with the Brake (right axis). On mine that was selecting elevator axis?

see attached screen shot

Mike

oldave here again...

My friend brought over his CH Rudder Pedals for me test out...

Well...the same thing happened again "No Rudder " control after calibrating them, the aircraft just wants to veer left or right and is all over the runway when trying to take off...

When you do manage to take off...*Very Difficult* the turn coordinator bubble wanders all over the place from left to right without any input at all, the aircraft (Cessna) is really uncontrollable...???

I thought perhaps it was my Saitek Rudder Pedals, but that little experiment proves it`s not the Saitek pedals after all...!!!

* I was almost hoping it was that straight forward and I could get another set or get them repaired *

I even went as far as Uninstalling FSX "Gold" with the Expansion Pack, and re-installing my older copy of FSX "Deluxe" without the expansion pack, thinking perhaps there was some "Glitch" with my newer copy of FSX "Gold" with the Expansion Pack...???

After reinstalling FSX Deluxe I booted it up and "Damn" the exact same problem with it to...!!!

I just have no idea as to what to try next...I`m at a total loss of any more ideas...???

It flys fine with the "Auto Rudder" clicked on in the settings options...

Thanks for your suggestions (Which I tried each one meticulously)...

Any other thoughts or comments would be certainly appreciated...

oldave...

Oldave:

Are you using FSUIPC ? If so, have you assigned all the axis through this interface ?

If you are not using FSUIPC, have you assigned both yoke and pedal controllers axis through FSX (Settings - Controls - Control Axes) as Andrew mentioned above, checking for duplicates?

- Roger

I don`t know what FSUIPC is...???

Is this an setting option with FSX...???

Yes I have checked and rechecked all the settings and control axis and have calibrated both the Yoke/Trottle and the Rudder Pedals...

I am going to google this "FSUIPC" to see what it`s about...

Thanks again guys...

oldave...