Sign in to follow this  
Daveng3

AIRAC 1205 VHHX Problem.

Hi Folks,

Any of you getting the same, since installing the latest Airac 1205 departing or arriving VHHX FMC coming up with VHHX ERR: TH FIX N/A. FlyTampa scenery, each VHHX Airac updated after each update with Auscene updater. FSX map TH(VOR) appears all normal as well as Level D FMS.

Thanks in advance, Cheers.

Dave Baggs.

EGLL.

Tell Navigraph at their site - we have nothing to do with the navdata.

They don't care if you want an airport added, such as VHHX. They only care if there is something wrong with the data, such as KTNX missing its ILS frequencies on the FMC which they're working on.

I'd be looking at the contents of the VHHX SID/STAR file and checking for the missing fix there. Compare with the LDS (since this is working). Maybe confirm your AustScene VHHX file is installed correctly, including airport entries and SID/STAR. It's possible this "TH" fix is a VOR that has been decommissioned recently and you may need to add this back in somehow? (Either in the SID/STAR file or the (massive!) fixes file.)

Trent Hopkinson

guys,

SID/STAR definitions are tied to fixes included in SID/STAR files (well at least IIRC). You need to go to PMDG/sidstats/ and look at VHHX.txt Make sure that TH is present as is, in waypoints definition.

Many thanks for your leads and suggestions gents,

Glad to say all sorted now albeit with egg on my face. I checked PMDG data against Level-D in all text files as best I could and nothing apparently wrong boring and long task. Re-installed NGX to get starting base navdata, Airac 1205 and ran Austscene for VHHX with same problem with TH error.

Now the fix, went to Austscene site and Merv has retired handing it over to Jock McIntyre http://www.vapap.com/ . His VHHX updater was a later version 1.10 and specifically mentioning NGX, the rest is history and great to have it all fixed. Having said that a bit perplexed AIRAC 1203, 1204 with older version 1.0 was completed and no problems but 1205 was the problem hence the initial headsup being a new update and all but what the hey.

I am aware Navigraph navdata is not a PMDG concern but FlyTampa VHHX and NGX is the common factor and the new 1.10 is the answer for those guys with these great scenery and aircraft.

Removing egg and happy, kick the tyres and light the fires :Peace:

Dave Baggs.

EGLL.

Thanks for the heads-up on the VHHX updater. I was using an old version, and was having the same problem with the NGX. Now all is fine.

I expect most people will already know about this, but for those who are not aware, this updater adds Kai Tak VHHX terminal procedures and navaids to your FMC. You need to run the updater every time you update your Navigraph data as it will be overwritten.

Regards,

PD