670 for 360USD.

Holy cow!

@DJJose

If you are willing to shell out the cash for the 670, then go for it! Be sure to get the EVGA 670 FTW edition.

Hey guys, Just ordered a MSI GTX 670 Power Edition should be here tomorrow. I am running a i5 2500k overclocked to 4.4Ghz, I play BF3 a lot. I used to be a pretty big simmer back in the FS9 days but havent had a system to play FSX or P3D. Looking to get back into vatsim but I did some testing a few months ago on FSX wish SB4 but everytime ran SB4 I lost all AA and fps. FSX wasnt that bad on my current Radeon 5850. Is the only way to use SB4 or FSinn running it on a seperate computer, I have a netbook that might be up to the challenge. Thinking of making the jump to P3D but worried about PMDG and other programs working correctly. I know this is a lot but thanks for the help!

I play BF3 a lot.

Just ordered a MSI GTX 670 Power Edition should be here tomorrow.

BF3 runs butter smooth on my 660Ti. You will be able to max it out 1080P no problem.

Thinking of making the jump to P3D but worried about PMDG and other programs working correctly

I would give it a try and see how you like it. Purchase the developer liscence for a month. - If you don't like it, you can easily go right back to trusty ole' FSX.

Well, I am very pleased to say that Kepler is here and with the above settings all is smooth!

Are you running on the PCIe3 interface?

So I can do the one month liscence and its the full simulator? I think that is a great idea.

I am not running PCIe3, I am on a P67A board, I dont think it will make that much of a diffrence.

So I can do the one month liscence and its the full simulator? I think that is a great idea.

Yes. - You will have the entire simulator

Are tweaks I should do to optimize P3D? I have several FSX aircraft, a big name 767, how would I go about install such a aircraft? use a injector? I am downloading P3D as we speak. Still waiting on UPS to drop off my GTX 670

FSX2P3D Migrator Tool

Are tweaks I should do to optimize P3D? I have several FSX aircraft, a big name 767, how would I go about install such a aircraft? use a injector? I am downloading P3D as we speak. Still waiting on UPS to drop off my GTX 670

Potentially. It all depends upon your preference and the deal you can get. The 670 is priced all over the place, but because of the new 660Ti, the 670 is facing downward pressure on pricing. I went to a local shop that was facing this reality and sold me a 670 for 360USD. You can get a 680 for 500USD if you want, but I don't know if you will see much difference in performance. My experience is as above, DJ, and I know that you love the F1 Mustang. It made a difference on my machine, even with only PCI-E 2.0.

Kdub

BF3 runs butter smooth on my 660Ti. You will be able to max it out 1080P no problem.

I would give it a try and see how you like it. Purchase the developer liscence for a month. - If you don't like it, you can easily go right back to trusty ole' FSX.

No. Z68 chipset.

Hey,

I am using two GTX 670 cards in SLI configuration by PNY for FSX, 2 GB on each card so 4 gb in total.

In FSX with REX Essential Overdrive Plus, DirectX 9 as DirectX 10 is useless due to display errors, (planes and other sceneries like airports are only supported with DirectX 10 during daytime = useless) FSX Opus Plus and add-on scenery with everything set to high. Then I get everything from 20 to 150 FPS. Depending on if I use the PMDG 737 NGX in a detailed area such as a detailed add-on airport or an add-on spitfire/less detailed plane flying over France VFR with maximum of clouds with around 150 FPS.

In FS2004 I must use the FPS limiter and narrow down the FPS to a maximum of 50 FPS. Otherwise it goes too fast for the sound to play correctly. So all I hear is just a mess of sound but with FPS limiter it's fine.

My hardware

Asus Sabertooth X58.

Intel i7 980 6 core CPU at 3,33 GHz 12 threads.

CPU watercooled by using a Antec Kühler H2O 920 pre-filled with liquid.

PNY GeForce GTX 670 2 GB each in SLI configuration.

Vengeance DDR3 RAM 24 GB 1600 MHz.

Two HDD at 250 GB each, one for Windows 7 Ultimate x64bit and one for keeping downloaded stuff on.

Two HDD at 3 TB each, one for FS2004 and one for FSX.