In heavy clouds and AA, you should see a significant jump in performance.

Hopefully in articfacts, flashing etc

Alex Ridge

Join Fswakevortex here! YOUTUBE and FACEBOOK

Hopefully in articfacts, flashing etc

Just as fast as my 580, but MUCH smoother. Try Flight 1 T182 down low and the difference is VERY pronounced. Almost no stutters. Any other plane has no stutters!

Just as fast as my 580, but MUCH smoother. Try Flight 1 T182 down low and the difference is VERY pronounced. Almost no stutters. Any other plane has no stutters!

Yeah, I am so impressed with my GTX670, I get 90% less artifacts, even with increased settings [inhancer etc]. A Dream, a great card so far!

Alex Ridge

just got my eVga 670 FTW, any best practice Settings for FSX/Nvidia with the 670 Card?

Joel Strikovsky
Banner_FS2Crew_NGX_Driver.jpg

just got my eVga 670 FTW, any best practice Settings for FSX/Nvidia with the 670 Card?

8XS + 2XSGSS + 16X AF

8XS + 2XSGSS + 16X AF

Well, I am very satisfied with my new 670. I bought the 580 a year ago thinking there would probably not be a better card for FSX because the industry was going away from the antiquated coding of FSX. When the Kepler series arrived, I followed the conversations in the forums which established that the 680 with its narrow bus demonstrated no improvement in performance over the 384-bit 580. Then GPUMark appeared and seemed to address the one area of performance that was less than satisfying with the 580. Could the Kepler make the Flight1 G1000 smooth in dense scenery? The coming B200 really interested me but as it was the G1000 stuttered in the pattern when arriving in the Seattle area. Over the last two plus years I threw the i7 860, with DDR3 1600, GTX 285, 470, then i7 2500, then 2600 with DDR3 2133 and the GTX 580 at the problem. The G1000 was so much fun until you flew home to the dense scenery. There you had chop and stutters and if you had to make an approach through clouds, (quite the usual in Seattle), there was stutter and chop. Either turn off all of the super sampling or live with the chop. Well, I am very pleased to say that Kepler is here and with the above settings all is smooth! I may get a stutter if I go missed and have to make a turn very low over downtown Seattle, but that is now very rare! And the card is quiet! No more blower noise! I like it!

KDub

This thread has motivated me to immediately upgrade to the EVGA gtx 670.

Any objections?

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Any objections?

My choice would be between the 660ti and the 680. With the 660ti released it seems to have made the 670 obsolete as an option when it comes to FSX.

My choice would be between the 660ti and the 680. With the 660ti released it seems to have made the 670 obsolete as an option when it comes to FSX.

If you can OC one of the 660Ti's, you could potentially achieve 670 performance.

If you can OC one of the 660Ti's, you could potentially achieve 670 performance.

He could overclock the 670 as well...

Any objections?

Are you on GTX480 SLI on P67 now? x8 PCIe 2.0 Bus in FSX... Ouch. Hello stutters. I take it you do a lot of other gaming as well than. The 660ti is probably too weak for you. The 670 or 680 would be better options as replacement.

He could overclock the 670 as well...

Are you on GTX480 SLI on P67 now? x8 PCIe 2.0 Bus in FSX... Ouch. Hello stutters. I take it you do a lot of other gaming as well than. The 660ti is probably too weak for you. The 670 or 680 would be better options as replacement.

I don't have FSX in SLI. Silky smooth with one card. I just want better performance. I might just wait and upgrade everything in a year or two.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

I am buying the EVGA GTX 670 4GB version, so I can do triple monitor support.

This card will do all I need for FSX.

I don't have FSX in SLI. Silky smooth with one card. I just want better performance. I might just wait and upgrade everything in a year or two.

In a year from now, we will have the new Nvidia chips to look forward to and Haswell.... :Big Grin:

Any objections?

No go with the 670 [i reccommend ftw]

Alex Ridge

Potentially. It all depends upon your preference and the deal you can get. The 670 is priced all over the place, but because of the new 660Ti, the 670 is facing downward pressure on pricing. I went to a local shop that was facing this reality and sold me a 670 for 360USD. You can get a 680 for 500USD if you want, but I don't know if you will see much difference in performance. My experience is as above, DJ, and I know that you love the F1 Mustang. It made a difference on my machine, even with only PCI-E 2.0.

Kdub