Sign in to follow this  
brucek

KORD runway use?

Does anyone know the usual configurations for the runways at KORD (Chicago OHare)? I'm flying in there in RL in a kith, and have the FSDT scenery, and with so many runways and so much traffic, it's cool to fly there in FSX. Most airports have various configurations for take-of and landing runways, and some combinations that they usually use for various wind directions and traffic flows.

Thanks for any info, Bruce.

Thanks for sharing those links. That is some serious in-depth reading, and I enjoyed it very much. I have created my own afcad files for KORD so that even the AI aircraft use the appropriate runways based on wind speed and direction. I had made these files about two years ago, using the attached doc, they contain more basic information and cannot compare to the detail laid out in the pdfs above.

Thanks Scott- these .pdf's are incredible and show how much planning has to go into an airport as complex and space-limited (for instance, the LAHSO requirements and the need to zero tailwind when landing in that mode). And also 767fan- I will try for your afcad file. Thanks. I have the FSDT KORD, will this afcad work equally well with that, and where would I put it in FSX to do so? (Sorry for my ignorance....). I also have ADE but from what I know this does not provide the same as an afcad file does....

KDEN (where I live) has the one less runway than KORD, but is built on open land top the east of Denver with an area greater than the combined size of KORD plus KDFW, so no runways cross and all runways are either diverging or converging- so it's boringly simple in it's traffic design compared to something like KORD....

Thanks again guys, Bruce.

Hey Bruce, sorry for the delay. I never attached my afcad files here, I only created them for my own personal use. But if you'd like to give them a try, let me know and I can email them to you. How it works, is you would see what the wind direction/intensity is before your flight, and then copy/paste the appropriate afcad file into your FSDT KORD scenery folder.

The above referenced pdf was the guideline I used in creating the afcad files for AI traffic.

Thanks- yes, that would be cool to get your file(s)- do you need my e-mail?

Thanks, Bruce.

Yes, that would be a good idea. Just send me a PM though this forum, and I'll be happy to send you the "crosswind" afcads.

Thanks, just PM'd you...

Much appreciated, Bruce.

Hi Guys,

Thought i'd share a link... Its not just for KORD but the whole world.

I always check here before i start any flight to get rwy info http://www.plane-mad...irport-weather/

Sometime a bit tricky if winds are calm but most of the time spot on.

Dont know if its any use to u peeps but i'll share anyhow.

Edited by christos

Chris Howard

Thanks christos, interesting site, I like that it gets wx from anywhere in the world.

Thanks, Bruce.