Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Birdman

Broken Brakes

Hello fellow Captains,

It seems I have broken the brakes on my NGX as it wants to circle hard left when taxiing. I will be honest, in saying I did have a few hard landings, and several times I ran out of runway, and there were also several times I went off runway and into the grass. This circling left doesn't happen in the default aircraft. I've also recalibrated and recalibrated my ch pedals umpteen times with no luck. My null zones are set to nil and sensitivities are full. (they work fine in default though) I'm wondering if anyone else has had this issue , and if so, how can I fix it? It's only happened recently, hence I feel I may have broken something, as I am not yet totally fluent in how the failure systems work yet.

She flies a dream though and I'm almost at the point where I'm ready to advance to Tutorial #2. Ryan, you did a fantastic job on the first one. It has a little bit of everything in a very short span. Great work, Really looking forward to Tut #2.

Thanks,

Ed

I recall having the same problem a few months ago ,It was fixed by resetting flight simulator. It happened after heading back out after turn around, not sure if they were related, but haven't had the problem since .

I would be interested to know if it is a service failure, or a small glitch .

Hello Captains,

Well, after several hours of tinkering I have found the reason for the circling while on the ground. I had a brainstorm and decided to check the front wheels. Lo and behold, it's not the brakes I have broken, the nose wheels are sideways. They are fully turned hard to port side. Now, I don't have a steering tiller and I'm not sure how to straighten them out, and I didn't see any problems in the CDU failures, but still looking. I know FSX has a tiller axis, but to the best of my knowledge, I haven't touched that area. So now, the job is to get my nose wheels straight ..

All the best,

Ed

Hello again Captains,

Well, I got my nosewheel steering back. It involved loading in the default aircraft in external view until I got one with wheels straight. Then loaded the NGX back in, and all was well with the nosewheel. Must be a glitch I'm guessing. Have no other explanations.

Thanks for the comments, happy flights,

Ed