Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

brucek

FXS ATC popup window- question..

This question is regarding the FSX default ATC, which I’m aware is superseded in many other add-ons/services such as RC, VATSIM, etc.

I always manually change my radio frequencies, although that is possible through the ATC pop-up in FSX. But once I’m on a new frequency, the responses to ATC (or requests such as a new runway to land on, etc.) are all menu driven from that ATC pop-up window. Many of them default to the “1” key, and as such I have used FSUIPC to link the variable “ATC 1” to a button on my CH yoke. But at times the response can be linked to another key (‘2” or greater- I think an example of this is the annoying “Traffic in sight”). Other than tying up other buttons on the yoke, does anyone have any ideas of how to operate ATC without the need for the FSX ATC window popup at all?

Thanks- I find the FSX ATC not too bad, other than the countless “Traffic in sight” responses required plus the FSX ATC window popup. I have the accelerated speech from the add-on that modifies the FTX ATC voice (also gives wind when “cleared to land”, cool)..

Bruce.

Thanks mad dog, I will go look at these products.

Bruce.

I would endorse MCE too. I use it all the time to talk to FSX ATC and it works very well. But if you don't want to do it by voice, then there are a number of panels out there which will allow you to assign the ATC option numbers to individual keys. Before I switched to MCE, I used the GoFlight GF-ATC module, which has connections/controls for your ATC headset and also a rotary switch/digital display/pushbutton to allow you to select ATC options.