Sign in to follow this  
agusti747

Loss of frames undocking PDF, ND & EICAS Windows?

Hi,

I've a critical loss of frames when I try to undock PDF, ND and EICAS windows.

I need to do it becouse I'm a cockpit builder and I need to undock these windows to another monitors, wich are controled by another graphical card.

You can see it in this video:

[media=]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fls2nyGngDw[/media]

I've between 20 and 21 frames per second in the poor of conditions:, Under heavy scenerys and a lot off addons (Gobal, Ultimate Terrain, Ground Environment, Active Sky 2102...). It's a decent frame rate foor fly.

Test is only with one graphical card and one monitor.

It's normal this crytical loss of frame rate?

Regards,

Austin

SOLVED!

Loss frame rate was due to use of a external frame limiter.

Executing FSX without this limiter it works great!

Regards,

Austin

Until today, I use an external frame limiter called FPS Limiter 0.2. In FSX setup I'd frames in unlimited and limited it to 30 with this external limiter. In my computer resulted in a smooth movement. But only with one monitor.

If I use two or more monitors, use of FPS Limiter results in a loss of frame rate. I try to setup this in 60 frames per second with 2 monitors or 90 with 3 monitor, with significative gain, but not as great as without it.

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/292799-fps-limiter-02-and-fsx/

Regards,

Austin

Wait till you try it with multiple video cards and monitors. FPS loss is normal when you start undocking gaugues and moving them to different outputs. If you're only getting 20fps now you'll be in the low teens if you ever go the cockpit builder route.