Sign in to follow this  
adthelad

737 NGX speaker mode on radios

Hi, I currently have my sounds set up so that Communications play through my headset whereas environment sounds (engines/ switches etc) play through my speakers. I was wondering if it is possible to play voice communications through the speakers when the SPKR button is pressed on the radio panel.

The reason I ask is that sometimes people like to watch a flight, and I would like them to be able to hear ATC as well as the aircraft. I was thinking that when a person is watching I could press the speaker button, and vatsim atc would play through the speakers, as well as through my headset.

I understand this is probably a ridiculous request but its worth a shot!

Regards,

Adam

Hi, I currently have my sounds set up so that Communications play through my headset whereas environment sounds (engines/ switches etc) play through my speakers. I was wondering if it is possible to play voice communications through the speakers when the SPKR button is pressed on the radio panel.

The reason I ask is that sometimes people like to watch a flight, and I would like them to be able to hear ATC as well as the aircraft. I was thinking that when a person is watching I could press the speaker button, and vatsim atc would play through the speakers, as well as through my headset.

I understand this is probably a ridiculous request but its worth a shot!

Regards,

Adam

How exactly do you do this? I have been wanting to do this for a while(atc thru headset only and everything else thru speakers).

do you fly on vatsim using fsinn? if so you can find it in the fsinn settings - if not let you know what youre using and ill try to talk you through it

You can get FSX's default ATC through a separate audio device by assigning it as the "Default Communications Device" in your respective Windows Sound properties. In the FSX Sound options, you can select the default "communications device" for voice.

For setting up FSINN or SB for the same, just select the speaker device in their audio options to match the headset device.

Most integrated sound cards nowadays allow you to select an option which separates the front audio outputs as a different device. This allows you to use your headset for voice coms without losing other sounds for your speakers.

Guest dlrk

If you're using FSINN, make sure the speaker output is set right. Then, simply click VVL, and then the speaker icon.

How exactly do you do this? I have been wanting to do this for a while(atc thru headset only and everything else thru speakers).

Exactly the same question. i would like to hear atc and fs2crew through my headset and aircraft sounds by the speakers. :Hypnotized:

right so i found the speaker button under VVL and that works perfectly - thanks for that tip

can i ask then what does the SKPR button actually do ? is it programmed to do something or just an animation? Judging from the rest of the systems on this aircraft i doubt the latter!

Cheers

Adam

Exactly the same question. i would like to hear atc and fs2crew through my headset and aircraft sounds by the speakers. :Hypnotized:

Just buy one good soundcard, then plug your speakers in that new soundcard, and your headphones in soundcard integrated with mobo.

Thats it, you just need to set correct devices in FSX for default ATC and in SB for VATSIM ATC.

btw, I recommend creative X-Fi products.

I've found that the easiest way to do it is use a USB headset for ATC and the speakers for engines etc.

Jerry Sterner

Just buy one good soundcard, then plug your speakers in that new soundcard, and your headphones in soundcard integrated with mobo.

Thats it, you just need to set correct devices in FSX for default ATC and in SB for VATSIM ATC.

btw, I recommend creative X-Fi products.

OH ok, thank's for your reply.