Sign in to follow this  
liketofly1

No TCAS alerts while online flying (VATSIM)

Hi fellow Pilots,

I´m encountering a little problem while online flying. I don`t see any online Traffic on my ND although I do see it in FS as well as FSInn, FSC and FS Flight Keeper..... and I had some close encounters which defiantly should have been shown on the ND.....

Any Ideas why this traffic is not showing up?

regards

Have you clicked TFC on the panel to display traffic? If it's not up, it won't show traffic unless it issues an RA, if I remember correctly.

Kyle Rodgers

Thx for the fast reply,

off course TFC is shown in the ND in blue (TCAS on).... that's why I´m so surprised that it does not show....

and I even set SHOW ALL in the settings of the FMC...page 6/9

XPDR is on TA/RA?

Can't remember if FSUIPC has anything to do with this or not...

Kyle Rodgers

I fly on VATSIM with FSInn, and I certainly see traffic on TCAS.

Would you please post a screenshot showing the ND, and the FSInn "Radar" and "Network" windows? Capture the screenshot at a time when you believe that an aircraft should be showing on TCAS.

- William Ruppel, CYTZ, VATSIM 816871

Well no problem, however, It`ll take some time since i`ll be back to work tomorrow,

however, you can be assured that FSInn works as it should, since I do see the traffic in FSX when they pass, and as I said, All other software like FSC and FS Flight Keeper also correctly indicate the traffic....

So,

I have the Settings set to "SHOW ALL"

I have XPDR set to TA/RA

I have TFC activated in the ND (blue)

I can see the traffic through the windshield passing like 5nm out 1000ft above and below according to other software like FSC FSFK & FSINN and,

I can see the traffic in FSC, FSFK & FSINN radar & network etc.

I just can`t see it in the ND.... when it should show up.... which is strange.... :Thinking:

regards

What would've been your ND range during these situations? What was your FSInn sqk mode at the time? I was flying the 737-700 yesterday and I was able to pick up the traffic in the vicinity on TCAS, especially one which took off on a crossing rwy when I was 5nm from TD in the soup.

Charan Kumar
FSX/XPX vPilot
VATSIM ZOA and Oceanic Controller (Pacific)

Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has - Margaret Mead

Well, my ND range would normaly start out at my 80nm (cruise) range setting, but following the traffic on the FSFK ACARS i reduced range to see if it has something to do with the range, so at the end I had traffic showing around 5nm out 1000ft above and below (opposite direction) on the ACARS but not on the ND.....which actually should have at least shown the traffic because the ACARS already started to bing-bing.....

regards

What are the FMS TCAS settings?

He put them up above:

][/font]

I have the Settings set to "SHOW ALL"

I have XPDR set to TA/RA

I have TFC activated in the ND (blue)

Kyle Rodgers

I'll try to make a short flight today in the evening, without VATSIM.... and see if the normal ai shows.... and then report again.....

Gentlemen and fellow Pilots,

what should I say..... I tested it today with AI traffic, and online traffic, and now guess what..........

All is working like a charm. :fool: so I actually don`t know what to say....

same settings, no change exempt for traffic...

I guess sometimes these 26th Gen. abacus´s just have their own will....... I´m really sorry I made you people think about a problem which obviously is situated somewhere deep deep down in the hardware :Monkey:

regards

So the issue seems to be something between your pilot client and the aircraft. FSUIPC/SimConnect issue?

Kyle Rodgers

I´d say most likely, but as my setup is a little spread across the network its hard to say where exactly the problem was.....

but i still find it funny that I actually saw the airplanes... and all

anyway problem seems to be solve :Peace:

regards